Options

083-640 - DOA... agin..

pespi_manpespi_man Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well i should of expected that the virtual exams wouldnt work this time, but i had to hope to the gods they would.
1st one worked awesome, no hiccups or issues.
2nd wouldnt let me open AD-Sites+Services,AD-Users+computers or the GPO mmc's and getting Schema error pop-ups.
Checked event log, said C: drive was unusable.
That nailed it, couldnt finish the lab with the requested tasks. Without those parts.

Well i re-booked again after speaking to Prometric at the testing centre and have booked in else where.

Big thanks to the lady at the testing centre at Excom south melbourne, she was on the phone straight away and helped me as much as she could.

Comments

• Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    So I am not the only one that had those errors when I took my exam the first time around. First vm went without a hitch, second one got to the second task, clicked on AD Sites and Services, and came up with the schema error like you are describing.

Sat my exam the next day and passed without issues with a new set of vms.

FYI - I am in West Des Moines, IA, USA, so I bet it has nothing to do with your testing location.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    pespi_manpespi_man Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    maybe the testing centre isnt to blame, this was the 2nd time at that centre though. Each time i have been there they always say, that "the computers are having issues.." icon_neutral.gif

Normal exams work threre without any dramas in the past just these new ones.

I'll soon find out when i go the other testing centre.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Your JINXED
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    ziggi138ziggi138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    At the school i am doing my internship, the testing center wont even attempt to do Microsoft exams. THey have had way too many problems with them. They recommend that you go to the testing center that is 5 miles away. They have better luck with the exams.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    My test center has lots of issues with prometric exams...but then again when you run GX260's, thatll happen.
  • Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    My test center has lots of issues with prometric exams...but then again when you run GX260's, thatll happen.

Agreed - My local testing center pc's are awful too... I think they are GX260's as well.

I was always under the impression that testing centres would be kind of nice places, the places I have been look like they have been thrown together in 10 minutes with a couple of children painting the walls.

Roll on to the days when I can get to a CISSP level. I like JD's blog on his experience in the hotel in LA. Sounds awesome compared to these testing centers! icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    The center itself is very nice, but the computers are poo.

You want to hear something funny? The college the testing center is at (and run by) just donated a bunch of GX270s to my work (school district), but they kept running the same GX260s in their testing center. :D
  • Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Haha that's quite amusing! :)