Options

what is a "light technical interview"??

Tin_ManTin_Man Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
So it would seem that my luck is finally starting to pick up. I have 2 interviews (with different companies) set for Wednesday . My 1st interview is early Wed morning with HR, so it sounds like its typical interview.

However my 2nd interview is for later afternoon and according to the email I received today its a "light technical interview" WTF does that even mean? I've had "technical interviews" before but that’s usually consists of a few Q&A scenarios... I do take it as a good sign that less than 20mins after the phone interview I received the email to come in for another interview.

I'm kind of stumped on what to expect from this one. Its for a Network Admin position, the job description is not too detailed, so I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what I may or may not be asked about.
WIP: 70-647 (5%)

Comments

• Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It is what it sounds like?
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    UnixGeekUnixGeek Member Posts: 151
    Sounds like a brief technical Q&A to me, as opposed to asking you to solve a problem, or build something.
  • Options
    sambuca69sambuca69 Member Posts: 262
    Tin_Man wrote: »
    So it would seem that my luck is finally starting to pick up. I have 2 interviews (with different companies) set for Wednesday . My 1st interview is early Wed morning with HR, so it sounds like its typical interview.

However my 2nd interview is for later afternoon and according to the email I received today its a "light technical interview" WTF does that even mean? I've had "technical interviews" before but that’s usually consists of a few Q&A scenarios... I do take it as a good sign that less than 20mins after the phone interview I received the email to come in for another interview.

I'm kind of stumped on what to expect from this one. Its for a Network Admin position, the job description is not too detailed, so I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what I may or may not be asked about.

Those are buzzwords they use to weed out the mouth-breathers. They're going to have a casual technical chat with you, and see what your personality is like, and if you would mesh well with the others.