Options

Cisco Noob..

KoolTrixKoolTrix Banned Posts: 130
Just wanted to say hi to all you cisco guys.
If you recognize my handle, then you already familiar with me in the microsoft threads.

I goto community college, and 6-9 credits shy of AA degree in Network Technology.

In off season, I selfstudy and/or goto "bootcamps" at TrainingCamp.com

I recently completed Cisco Network Fundamentals Course, and now in Routing Protocols and Concepts course.

Next Spring I will be taking LAN Switching & Wireless course, and Accessing WAN course.

--

I have been using Cisco | Networking Academy Books required by the college, and Cisco Network Academy online.

I also have a few CCNA: Exam Cram books.

When I finish my college courses, I'm going to practice with PacketTracer, selfstudy, maybe try to setup a real live lab, and then goto TrainingCamp for a Cisco Bootcamp for CCENT/CCNA/CCNA: Security.

So I plan on getting my certs in Summer 2010.

So that's it, just wanted to introduce myself as the noob...

Any suggestions, tips, links, advice provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    KoolTrix wrote: »
    If you recognize my handle, then you already familiar with me in the microsoft threads.

I goto community college, and 6-9 credits shy of AA degree in Network Technology.

I recently completed Cisco Network Fundamentals Course, and now in Routing Protocols and Concepts course.

Next Spring I will be taking LAN Switching & Wireless course, and Accessing WAN course.

--

I have been using Cisco | Networking Academy Books required by the college, and Cisco Network Academy online.

When I finish my college courses, I'm going to practice with PacketTracer, selfstudy, maybe try to setup a real live lab, and then goto TrainingCamp for a Cisco Bootcamp for CCENT/CCNA/CCNA: Security.

Welcome to the CCNA portion of the forum :) Why wait that long? You have the material, you have packet tracer, get started. LOL. Cisco is like pringles, once you pop the fun don't stop! LOL I know corny. But, at least someone will get a laugh out of it. I wish you best of luck in your studies and I'm glad to help with any questions you may have :)
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome to the CCNA portion of the forum :) Why wait that long? You have the material, you have packet tracer, get started. LOL. Cisco is like pringles, once you pop the fun don't stop! LOL I know corny. But, at least someone will get a laugh out of it. I wish you best of luck in your studies and I'm glad to help with any questions you may have :)

I actually have to agree. Since I been in Microsoft World it was boring with these exams. I been studing Cisco and boy what a great world to be in.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    It depends I guess on the person. I can say your certs look pretty well rounded, so if you get the CCNA/CCNP you will probably be able to snag a pretty good position.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    KoolTrix wrote: »

--

The more Cisco you learn the more of a noob you become :)

Good luck
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Turgon wrote: »
    The more Cisco you learn the more of a noob you become :)

aint that the truth, the more I read the more I realise how little I know !

to the OP welcome aboard and good luck.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    KoolTrixKoolTrix Banned Posts: 130
    hahaha i definitely got a chuckle out of reading you guys' threads.

i am alot more interested in cisco than I was in microsoft! icon_lol.gif

we just went over vlsm, subnetting subnets lol

teacher cant confuse me.. got it on lock down lol icon_cool.gif

woohoo for school! icon_thumright.gif