Options

70-220

linuxguylinuxguy Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just passed my 220 and am going to use Security+ as my elective.
I am going to pick up Linux plus after that and then... probably 214... then the upgrade.

:)
If you do not feel like a newbie you probably should. :)

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!

Security is, and will remain, a huge issue in our world. It will never stop. I think that wireless issues are going to be the worst.

Best of luck on future exams!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

the 220 is one of the bargain books that I picked up recently (the book is less than a year old and has the cd....), and after reading through some of it, I really do want to get into the Security aspect. I guess the 220 won't count unless I work my way up all the way to the MCSE, but hopefully I'll do that sometime next year. If nothing else it would make a great read. I'm going to try for the Sec+/214 exams after my MCSA to get the add-on title.

What did you use to prepare?
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    linuxguylinuxguy Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used the Sybex book and a buddy shot me an exam cram 2 test.

So all and all I used:

1)Sybex 220 book
    2)An Exam Cram 2 test
    3)5 years of experiance in the IT field with a strong emphasis on security.

I am sure you can nail it if you try... I am equally as sure you will not pass if you never try. icon_lol.gif
    If you do not feel like a newbie you probably should. :)
  • Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    linuxguy wrote:
    I am sure you can nail it if you try... I am equally as sure you will not pass if you never try. icon_lol.gif

True dat!

After I get some more exams out of the way, I'm going to order the 214 and Sec+ books to get me started.

The trap I've fallen into is building a library of books, but not keeping pace with passing the exams, and the wife is starting to look at me balefully.

I see security (especially with HIPAA complience dates coming due...) as becoming a decent place to be here in the next few years, and the topic interests me in general.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    jcourtenayjcourtenay Inactive Imported Users Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    From someone whos passed this exam, dont expect to pass it first time, up until this one i hadnt failed a single microsoft exam, but failed miserably on this one with 635, then passed it yesterday with 726.
    John Courtenay
    MCP,MCSA,MCSE(Windows 2000)(210,215,216,217,218,219,220)
    Aiming for MCSE 2003 by end of 2006
    http://www.jc-hosting.co.uk/refer.php?id=techexams