Options

I did it :-)

tigerplugtigerplug Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I haven't been active on this board in over 5 months- sorry!

However, yesterday I passed my CCNA with an excellent score after about 14months of study.

The hardest thing for me on the exam was route summarization because I didn't practice this enough.

For everything else on the exam I feel I walked it. I did ALOT of dynamips labs while preparing and I also used the INE CCIE core technologies work books to get hands on with the technologies on rack rental.

I certainly took my time studying for this exam but I feel like I could have done it in alot less time if u put in the effort.

Now, my plan is to work on towards CCIE R&S. I picked up the BSCI self study guide and lab portfolio on my way home from exam yesterday so I'm hoping to knock that out in next two months.

Thanks again for answering any questions I posted here. I've spent alot of time Reading othe peoples posts and certainly benefited from them.

All the best,

Tigerplug

Comments

• Options
    trackittrackit Member Posts: 224
    14 months, wow :)

congrats!
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    well done icon_smile.gif

going straight for IE, or taking on the NP first?
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses guys.

Well my goal was to go straight for IE and not bother with CCNA/P which is why I didn't bother sitting the CCNA for 14 months.

Basically I've been working through alot of CCIE workbooks ans the COD from INE from day 1. This is really helping my understanding of things. I'm going to keep studying for IE and pick up the CCNP/IP over the next six months (as qod and MPLS will be usful for me with the lab changes!).

I'm proud it took my 14 months to sit the CCNA as I feel I know know the material extemely well while I also picked up MCSA/E 2003 and Juniper JNCIA-EX on the way.

I'm planning for JNCIA-ER within 3 weeks and BSCI in next month or two depending on free time.

I'm loving every second of my study!
  • Options
    Damn you iPhone auto correct!!!!
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice work it has been 6 months for me studing so far. I really want to understand the material as well.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Congrats on the pass. I studied for around 9-10 months so that I could understand the material as well. I've been studying for the BCMSN for almost a month and have another month before my first attempt December 10th, 2009. The BSCI is pretty tough from what I have heard, good luck on your studies.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    tigerplug wrote: »
    I passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Morty3Morty3 Member Posts: 139
    tigerplug wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    However, yesterday I passed my CCNA with an excellent score after about 14months of study.

Good job! But, did you break my score? ;)
    CCNA, CCNA:Sec, Net+, Sonicwall Admin (fwiw). Constantly getting into new stuff.