Options

Sec+ Scheduled

NetcastNetcast Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I'll be taking the test next week. New job, new requirement. Kind of nervous because I haven't been given much time to prep though. Bought Darril's book and loved it, nailed both of his practice tests and as much as I don't care to use ********Prep, I nailed that also. Just didn't feel like I had much of a choice on the time frame I was given. So I hope that will
be enough for me to get through and then go back and learn the material at my own pace. Guess I'll find out next week.

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I was going to say good luck, but it looks like you need different study materials!

What have you gotten yourself into out there! That ******* thing indicates a **** brain ****. And, this site does NOT tolerate such material--if you are any good at what you do, you shouldn't either!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    I do feel that I am good at what I do, on a day to day basis my job doesn't really even entail a lot of the Sec+ material although I am still highly interested in it. I was unfortunately given material and told you have a week to pass it. Keep job = family fed. The big problem here is that when you work for an organization and they say x cert must be completed across the board by all IT employees they push people into a corner and don't leave many options. I am by no means proud of the material that I have studied (with exclusion to Darrills' book), especially since I have learned that it is nothing more than a ****. I have always taken pride in the tests I have taken in the past due to numerous hours put into learning the material to the T, guess it want be that way with this one until after the exam.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Glad you're enjoying the book.

Remember, the explanations in the answers are as important as the questions themselves. In addition to the two practice tests, there are also different questions at the end of each chapter you shouuld also review. If you really know why the correct answers are correct, and why the incorrect answers are incorrect, you're well prepared.

And, if you're answering the questions accurately right off the bat, it sounds like your background is helping you.

Best of luck. Let us know how you do.

Darril Gibson

www.sy0-201.com
    Author: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead

Security+ Blog
    Security Plus: Get Certified Get Ahead

Security+ Tip of the Day
    twitter.com/DarrilGibson
    Netcast wrote: »
    Well I'll be taking the test next week. New job, new requirement. Kind of nervous because I haven't been given much time to prep though. Bought Darril's book and loved it, nailed both of his practice tests.
  • Options
    Well I took the test today and passed. Don't feel nearly as guilty about the source that was used since nothing on the test resembled anything from it. Not sure what I am going to shoot for now though. Either CCDA or CCNP. Up in the air on CCNP due to the changes that are in the mix for the cert as a whole at the moment. Darril, the book really helped a lot as far as passing the Security+. Thanks, was well written and very easy to digest. Also a lot of good study material from the practice tests and and materials found on this website. For those that may be worried about the test, it isn't to bad, just study the material and be persistent.
  • Options
    abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    Well I took the test today and passed. Don't feel nearly as guilty about the source that was used since nothing on the test resembled anything from it.

No offense but that's like saying I cheated, but I could have passed with out cheating, so I didn't really ****.
  • Options
    Congratulations. Glad the book helped.

Darril Gibson
    www.sy0-201.com

Security+ Blog
    Security Plus: Get Certified Get Ahead

Security+ Tip of day Tweets
    twitter.com/DarrilGibson
    Well I took the test today and passed.
    . . .

. . . Darril, the book really helped a lot as far as passing the Security+. Thanks, was well written and very easy to digest. Also a lot of good study material from the practice tests and and materials found on this website. For those that may be worried about the test, it isn't to bad, just study the material and be persistent.
  • Options
    Just to clarify. No one is saying that using my book is considered cheating (at least I hope not).

These references are to " ********Prep " that Netcast said he used. I'm not sure but he may have been referring to Exam Prep which is sold by PrepLogic and considered safe by certguard.com.

At any rate, I just want to emphasize to those reading this thread, my book is not a braindump. Just good old fashioned explanations and analogies to help people understand the topics and concepts for the Security+ exam. It's based off of the objectives for the CompTIA Security+ (SY0-201) exam and every chapter starts with a listing of the objectives covered.

Darril Gibson
    www.sy0-201.com

Security+ Blog
    http://sy0201.blogspot.com/

twitter.com/DarrilGibson
    abefroman wrote: »
    No offense but that's like saying I cheated, but I could have passed with out cheating, so I didn't really ****.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Hi Daril,

No confusion about your work. Good study guides are a treasure.

I do not know what that ******* was about. And I am still not sure whether the Netcast chap is saying he was given it to use or if he used it because he was pushed into a bad situation. Evidently, if it ended up having nothing to do with the exam, it was out of date material.

My first post came out of true surprise that people are still posting these kinds of things admitting to use of braindumps. But Netcast was really serious and not just spamming the forum. I do not agree with his position, but I am glad he is not trying to peddle the bad stuff like many have tried to do.

Just a bit more explanation about my post. And I encourage you to continue with the Technical authoring. There is always a place for that, and the need will not stop.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Sorry about that Darril and thanks for clarifying. As he said his book is not a form of a braindump. Maybe an admin could delete this thread because I would hate to see such a valued resource have a bad light shed down on it due to my poor wording.
  • Options
    abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    Darril wrote: »
    Just to clarify. No one is saying that using my book is considered cheating (at least I hope not).

These references are to " ********Prep " that Netcast said he used. I'm not sure but he may have been referring to Exam Prep which is sold by PrepLogic and considered safe by certguard.com.

At any rate, I just want to emphasize to those reading this thread, my book is not a braindump. Just good old fashioned explanations and analogies to help people understand the topics and concepts for the Security+ exam. It's based off of the objectives for the CompTIA Security+ (SY0-201) exam and every chapter starts with a listing of the objectives covered.

Darril Gibson
    www.sy0-201.com

Security+ Blog
    http://sy0201.blogspot.com/

twitter.com/DarrilGibson

I think thats kinda obvious as a braindump is questions and answers, and not in the form of a book, plus I don't think they would let your promote your book here if it was a brain ****. :D