Options

Finally passed 083-640!

pespi_manpespi_man Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
As per my last post, i havent had great luck with the VM Labs with this exam but change of location did help. Even though the 1st Lab wouldnt load then tried another PC and everything was sweet.

Final score 900! The labs though were the same as the last try, a couple of diffrences but mostly the same. Which helped me alot.

Watched and did all the demos from the cbt nuggets til my eyes bled.(Im a hands on person, reading books put me to sleep.)
Read about 4-5 chapters of the book.

Stuck pretty much to the run down of percentages as per the exam descriptions, alot of DNS,GPO,Config of AD, alittle of CS and the others.

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Your the man. Deserved the pass after the last 2 exam engine crashes.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    dfosbennerdfosbenner Member Posts: 106
    Excellent job! Shame on MS for these buggy exams!!
    MCTS
    MCITP: SA & EA
    MCSE: NT, 2000, 2003
    MCSA: 2000, 2003
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    Congrats on the pass. I really need to contact Prometric to find out what I scored since I did pass.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    After i read that you passed crussell3 and didnt get a score card, i wasnt expecting one either.

I was surprised when the score came up on the screen and print out.
  • Options
    sjones10sjones10 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Pepsi_Man,

Congratulations on passing your 83-640 exam without any problems and a good score.

Are the CBT nuggets a good resource in your opinon for this exam then? Did you have to do much with bulk importing of users as i am concerned with how well i need to know all the different commands. In the exam are you able to /? on DS tools or do you get marked down for this.

How long to you get to complete this exam?

Cheers

Stuarticon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    sjones10 wrote: »
    Hi Pepsi_Man,

Congratulations on passing your 83-640 exam without any problems and a good score.

Are the CBT nuggets a good resource in your opinon for this exam then? Did you have to do much with bulk importing of users as i am concerned with how well i need to know all the different commands. In the exam are you able to /? on DS tools or do you get marked down for this.

How long to you get to complete this exam?

Cheers

Stuarticon_thumright.gif

I used the CBT Nuggets when I studied for the 83-640 and found them pretty good, although for me redundant with the MS-Press book. I think if you run all the excercises and make up some scenarios to do yourself in vms, you should have no issue.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    deanwtenndeanwtenn Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrat's on passing the 83-640. I had taken my test Oct 1 only not to get a score and then to find out that I did not pass. The testing center had called the the prometric support center only to get a ticket number. Then 4 weeks later, after calling 3 other times only to found out that they still could not produce a test result, that they called me to telling me that they would let me take the test again and plus give me another voucher for another test. Funny that I had submit the microsoft test survey 4 days before they called me to tell me the good news about the vouchers. I just wonder I really passed the test!
  • Options
    I know how you feel deenwtenn, i waited 3 weeks and logged cases with microsoft to get some action done on my when i 1st tried it. At least you got a free voucher for another test, which was the least that they could do.

Best action is to re-book it as soon as your ready and hit it while your still hot.
    Good luck for the next attempt :)