How many weeks/months to give ?

Haruna Umar AdogaHaruna Umar Adoga Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, i am starting my ccna 4 (accessing the wan) cisco networking academy on monday next week and am planning on taking the 640-802 composite exams after completing ccna4 (academy).
I need an advice/help on how long i should wait/prepare before taking the exams after my ccna4 (academy) ?
Any advice will be appreciated please,
thanks alot

Comments

• Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    When you feel ready, simple as that.

If you try to rush it, you'll probably fail. There's no magic number, it's up to you decide you're ready, and then go find out if you're right. Some people take a month, some people take a week, some people go pass the CCNA before they even finish the academy classes
  • ilcram19-2ilcram19-2 Banned Posts: 436
    also depends on how bad you want it, i wouldnt be waiting for the 4 courses to be over to taje the test, is lot of time, plus u can forget thinsg from course 1 once you are in course 4, i would try of finish as soon as posible
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I averaged 99% over the 4 courses and took (and passed) the CCNA exam 3 days after my CCNA 4 final. That gave me time to do the voucher exam and the 2 Academy CCNA practice exams. This was back in the 640-801 CCNA exam days.

Your mileage may vary depending on your motivation, experience, dedication, study habits/methods, focus, determination, number of spare brain cells you can allocate to your Cisco studies, and how well you did in class and how much lab work beyond the minimum you did.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Haruna Umar AdogaHaruna Umar Adoga Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    just want to say thank you for giving all the advices/suggestions, will sure find a way to take care of the exams after my ccna 4 finals
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hey guys, i am starting my ccna 4 (accessing the wan) cisco networking academy on monday next week and am planning on taking the 640-802 composite exams after completing ccna4 (academy).
    I need an advice/help on how long i should wait/prepare before taking the exams after my ccna4 (academy) ?
    Any advice will be appreciated please,
    thanks alot

Its a personal thing. This is your exam and you have to pass it. Avoid comparisons and go when you feel you are ready.
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    I agree it is definitely a personal thing. I took around 9-10 months to prepare. I didn't go to the academy though, I did self study on my own. This was studying about 2-4 hours on most days. I could have probably taken the exam sooner than that, but I wanted to make sure that I was fully prepared and actually understood and retained the material. In all you have to decide when the time is right. Just don't keep letting yourself push it back further and further. Set a date, and push yourself to meet your deadline.