Options

083-640 Blew up

I'm starting a new job on Monday and tried to squeeze this exam in today before next week.

Unfortunately the labs would not connect. I waited at the test center for 2 1/2 hours while Prometric tech support tried to fix the problem before I lost hope.

I've heard many stories about the bugs with the test and was hoping I wouldn't be a victim. I asked the test center admin if it was prone to failures and she said it was. She said they were running boot camps there and the test had been working prior.

Prometric rescheduled the exam, but I'll probably cancel until some time in the future.

Comments

• Options
    jrmeulemansjrmeulemans Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sorry to hear that man, my labs worked like a dream...took mine two days ago
  • Options
    BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    Same here...worked all fine when I took mine however have seen quite a few people have their exams borked on 83-640
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    When I went to take my test, I think I jinxed myself asking them if they have had any problems proctoring the exam. Of course the only issues they had was during beta, but since then nothing. So during my second vm, second task, I had to access AD Sites & Services and received a Schema error that I couldn't bypass. Prometric support was worthless so I had to reschedule.

The test center was amazing though. The gal that was helping me opened up a spot the next day when they normally don't proctor MS exams, and even stayed open late so I wouldn't miss as much work. That set of vms worked like a charm.

So I feel your pain, but hopefully your next try you won't have any issues!
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration