Options

Easiest Cert Exam

steve617steve617 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
I know everyones knowedge is very different. Just curious what has been your alls easiest cert exams, especially for someone just getting into a computer support career?
"The Piney Bluff Tech Guy"
www.pbtechguy.com

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    70-620 by far.
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    steve617 wrote: »
    I know everyones knowedge is very different. Just curious what has been your alls easiest cert exams, especially for someone just getting into a computer support career?

I think the Strata is the easiest from what I have heard. This exam is more basic, than the A+ exam. I would suggest not chasing a certification based on the difficulty of the exam, but rather I would look at the particular skill level and job role goals you have in mind, and then I would proceed from there. Not everyone needs nor has the A+, or the Network+. The basic progression for a desktop support, or call center role is as follows.
    1. A+
    2. Network+
    3. Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) Microsoft Learning: Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)

Link for Stratta exam CompTIA Strata Exams

A link from Mike Meyers page explain certifications, I hope this helps..

Total Seminars: Certification Pathway
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    steve617steve617 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply. That is what I was looking for.
    "The Piney Bluff Tech Guy"
    www.pbtechguy.com
  • Options
    ziggi138ziggi138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would have to agree with Dynamik. The 70-620 was so easy it was almost funny.
  • Options
    tenroutenrou Member Posts: 108
    Toss up between 290 and 620. Although I think 290 was easy because I had just done 270 and they're very similar.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A lot of people may think I'm full of bull, but the CCIP's QoS exam was the easiest I've taken, mostly because I did ISP QoS at my previous job and I'd taken the CCNP's ONT three weeks prior. The ONT and QoS have probably 60% shared material.

Behind that, the CCDA exam was unusually easy. The CCNA Security as well. Both exams were more like sales pitches than technical documentation.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/