Options

CompTIA certificate issue

Samurai004Samurai004 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
I know CompTIA has been having problems with thier database the last few months, but it is kind of getting funny in a frustrating way.

My fullfillment history is as follows:

A+ / Queued Oct-15-2009 / Sent Oct-19-2009 / Complete Oct-28-2009 / Shipped

Security+ / Queued Oct-9-2009 / Sent Oct-9-2009 / Complete Oct-9-2009 / Shipped

Network+ / Queued Sep-29-2009 / Sent Sep-29-2009 / Complete Sep-29-2009 / Shipped

I have been sent my fullfillment packet (diploma) for Network+ twice. I have not received my Security+ or A+ yet.

I called tech support and the lady couldn't even tell me what Queued, Sent and Complete actually meant.icon_rolleyes.gif

Well only one more test (Linux+) then I am done with CompTIA and plan on moving on to MCSE and CCNA. Sorry for the rant, I just recieved the exact same 2nd Network+ diploma in the mail and had to vent to some people that would understand.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    It has been frustrating. But, I talked to a lady at CompTIA the other day, and even though she was not really well-trained on the chain of the help search, she stayed with me and kept bugging other people until she answered all of my questiions. She wants that job, and she wants to do it right!

Some just do not care, nor will they ever--they are the frustrating ones.

Good luck on the Linux+. I think that it is a cert that is underestimated for its place in a tech's history.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    she stayed with me and kept bugging other people until she answered all of my questiions. She wants that job, and she wants to do it right!

To be fair I believe the lady I was talking with would have done the same thing. Well I am off tonight and tomorrow night so time to icon_study.gif for the linux+ (page 693 of 1000).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know CompTIA has been having problems with thier database the last few months, but it is kind of getting funny in a frustrating way.

My fullfillment history is as follows:

Network+ / Queued Sep-29-2009 / Sent Sep-29-2009 / Complete Sep-29-2009 / Shipped

I have been sent my fullfillment packet (diploma) for Network+ twice. I have not received my Security+ or A+ yet.

I called tech support and the lady couldn't even tell me what Queued, Sent and Complete actually meant.icon_rolleyes.gif

Well only one more test (Linux+) then I am done with CompTIA and plan on moving on to MCSE and CCNA. Sorry for the rant, I just recieved the exact same 2nd Network+ diploma in the mail and had to vent to some people that would understand.

Same boat more or less I'm in.

I passed my A+ August 22nd...I STILL don't have it.

I have been lied to repeatedly. I have had to call the company 3 times in the last month and a half and I'm fed up with them.

The website lied and said I would get the certificate 4-6 weeks after I passed my exam. The manager I spoke to from CompTIA later lied and said the 4-6 weeks starts from September 11th when they started sending the fulfillment kits out. I call after that six weeks is up and I am told they decided not to send out the fulfillment kit because so many people had moved since they started sending them out. Then I was told I would get my A+ certificate (and my Network+) 4-6 weeks after the shipped date on the comptia career id site.

They are liars. A pox upon their house.
    "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
  • Options
    Divine-AssaultDivine-Assault Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Aha, since we are on the same subject, I would like to vent a little as well.

I passed my Network+, Linux+, and Sever+ in the 3 month period the database was down.. I checked their statuses and it says they were sent somewhere in September. I had to call them three times, each time requesting for my certs. Still haven't gotten ANY of them. I plan on getting the Security+ and I will be done with them, thankfully.

Ridiculous
    Currently Studying for: 70-291

Life is too precious to waste...

Check out my Blog! :D
    www.oreillybookreviews.blogspot.com
  • Options
    stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had problems trying to get stuff transferred to MS I called them could get no one to pick up customer service line , called back hit 0 got the operator as normal for Comptia , informing her I could not get CS to answer and to transfer me to either the Manager of the Dept or someone with the same title. I got right into someone and they were helpful and expressed the problems they were having. I got my issue taken care of after about 15 mins of looking for the answer but its because of how things have changed. All good things were taken care.

On a personal note I could careless about the Certificate showing up as long as I have my score sheet thats what counts say you pass and that they have copy at Comptia. :D
    Free Reading : History Books
  • Options
    NorbieNorbie Member Posts: 105
    On a personal note I could careless about the Certificate showing up as long as I have my score sheet thats what counts say you pass and that they have copy at Comptia. :D

I care. I spent the money so I could get the piece of paper that says I am certified. If I want to go to a job interview I want either the certificate or the card to present to the person giving the interview...I don't want a rinky dink print out showing my score. I want the certificate.
    "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cisco has on several occasions out and out not mailed me a paper copy or made an electronic copy available to me. Three times (out of the six certs I have from Cisco) I've had to call them and have them manually make an e-copy available. A little ridiculous given how expensive the certs are after materials and attempts...
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    Well I just got off the phone with customer service (9 minutes--not too bad at all). The gentleman said there might have been some confusion and they doubled up my Network+ fullfillment. He said give them till the end of the 6 week period from "COMPLETION"...so I have a couple more weeks for the A+ and Net+ to arrive.

I definitely care about getting a certificate. I am making a portfolio with all these certs for a future job hunt, plus it will go into my file at work at the police department. So come evaluation time in January I was it to be nice and easy for the Sgt. to understand the amount of self initiated education I have completed.

I am sorry to hear all the other bad experiences with CompTIA, but I also feel better I am not alone in this.icon_wink.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well I just got off the phone with customer service (9 minutes--not too bad at all). The gentleman said there might have been some confusion and they doubled up my Network+ fullfillment. He said give them till the end of the 6 week period from "COMPLETION"...so I have a couple more weeks for the A+ and Net+ to arrive.

I definitely care about getting a certificate. I am making a portfolio with all these certs for a future job hunt, plus it will go into my file at work at the police department. So come evaluation time in January I was it to be nice and easy for the Sgt. to understand the amount of self initiated education I have completed.

I am sorry to hear all the other bad experiences with CompTIA, but I also feel better I am not alone in this.icon_wink.gif

Well I got my Network+ certificate and card today. I guess I will now have to dial back my anger a bit. Still waiting for my A+ (which I passed first) but this is a start.
  • Options
    Samurai004 wrote: »

Odd how similar our stories are :)

I have an employee evaluation in January and I too plan to get a portfolio together to show my boss what I've earned in the past few months. I'm hoping to get at least two more certs by the time of that evaluation.
  • Options
    I'm hoping to get at least two more certs by the time of that evaluation.

Well you probably won't actually physically "GET" them by January. But good luck in passing the certs. These certifications are so much fun to study for. I am learning a lot...it is like intellectual crack!

You know you have a problem when you have to force yourself to stop buying books and put off paying for exams until you pay the bills.:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well you probably won't actually physically "GET" them by January. But good luck in passing the certs. These certifications are so much fun to study for. I am learning a lot...it is like intellectual crack!

You know you have a problem when you have to force yourself to stop buying books and put off paying for exams until you pay the bills.:D

Ha we must be twins. I came home yesterday to find I had 4 certification books I ordered waiting for me.

Lately I've been hoping that I can get a cert a month for the next few months. By the time I have like 7 I feel like I can take a break :)
  • Options
    LirinLirin Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Seems like a lot of people are having this problem.
  • Options
    guhakeguhake Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I accept with information:My fullfillment history is as follows:

• Options
    I finally got my A+ certificate today. I got my Network+ certificate last week.

Now I'm just waiting for Security+.
  • Options
    HA, I finally got my Linux+ and my Security+ but instead of giving me my network+ as well, they gave me an extra Linux+. I guess I have to call them once again...icon_rolleyes.gif

• Options
    Kohlb353Kohlb353 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Norbie wrote: »

They are liars. A pox upon their house.

Tell us how you really feel. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    HA, I finally got my Linux+ and my Security+ but instead of giving me my network+ as well, they gave me an extra Linux+. I guess I have to call them once again...icon_rolleyes.gif

They gave me an extra Network+ when they gave me my A+.

Now all I'm waiting for is my Security+.
  • Options
    I really don't know why you all are having trouble. I got my Certificate over the weekend. I took my last month about this time. Like I said in earlier in this post if I were an IT manager or hiring person I could really careless about your Certificate as long as you have your score sheet and Comptia ID so I could verify, this is exactly what the DoD does.
  • Options
    I really don't know why you all are having trouble. I got my Certificate over the weekend. I took my last month about this time. Like I said in earlier in this post if I were an IT manager or hiring person I could really careless about your Certificate as long as you have your score sheet and Comptia ID so I could verify, this is exactly what the DoD does.

Well I don't know about others but for me I want to have a certificate. It is a physical product of my knowledge and also boosts my morale to study harder and to not give up.

• Options
    sjpmsjpm Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well I don't know about others but for me I want to have a certificate. It is a physical product of my knowledge and also boosts my morale to study harder and to not give up.

Ditto

Has anyone else not received any certificates yet?

I passed my Network+ on 11th August. During the database downtime I must have emailed about 5 times to try and see when/if my certificate got sent out. Every single reply I had was the same default email that got sent out saying the database is down, keep checking back, blah blah blah. I then emailed a different department that had an address for the UK and they gave me the number to fax my details through to the head office in Chicago(?). They finally replied saying that my certificate was sent out 11th September. I finally logged into the new Career ID mid October and that confirmed this in the bit that says when your certificate was shipped. Yet it is now nearly December and I have had nothing. I have emailed a couple more times and they've basically just stopped replying to me. It's infuriating!

I don't know what else to do. I don't want to have to call because it'll cost me a bomb, and even if I do are they going to be able to tell me anything different? I know it's only a certificate but when you spend so much money on something, you expect to have something to show for it. All I have now is the scruffy printout that I got 4 months ago.
  • Options
    sjpm wrote: »
    Ditto

Has anyone else not received any certificates yet?

I passed my Network+ on 11th August. During the database downtime I must have emailed about 5 times to try and see when/if my certificate got sent out. Every single reply I had was the same default email that got sent out saying the database is down, keep checking back, blah blah blah. I then emailed a different department that had an address for the UK and they gave me the number to fax my details through to the head office in Chicago(?). They finally replied saying that my certificate was sent out 11th September. I finally logged into the new Career ID mid October and that confirmed this in the bit that says when your certificate was shipped. Yet it is now nearly December and I have had nothing. I have emailed a couple more times and they've basically just stopped replying to me. It's infuriating!

I don't know what else to do. I don't want to have to call because it'll cost me a bomb, and even if I do are they going to be able to tell me anything different? I know it's only a certificate but when you spend so much money on something, you expect to have something to show for it. All I have now is the scruffy printout that I got 4 months ago.

Comptia Contact Us

1815 S. Meyers Road, Suite 300
    Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181-5228
    Phone: 630.678.8300
    Fax: 630.678.8384

Dial the number above go through options then Hit 0 it will direct
    you to the operator ask them to Speak with Customer Service Manager not the Dept. you should get a lady there and then tell her your story

This the best I can tell you do, I took my test Oct 2009 got my Cert in the mail before a month out. Did you move is this your first test ?
  • Options
    sjpmsjpm Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No I didn't move, the address I have on file with them is my work address. I'm going to ring, it's just an annoyance because I'm not in the US so the call will cost me.