Options

2010 Certification Plans

Comments

• Options
    wheezwheez Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    eMeS wrote: »
    Am I reading your certifications correctly? Does that say "ITIL v1 Foundation"?

MS
    Yes, you're reading that correct..

And why are you making me doubt if it's v1 or v2, just with your question..? :)
    WIP: Considering cert path.. :-)
  • Options
    Nakeja71Nakeja71 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im going to have my 70-270 in December and January 2010 my 70-290. After that Im looking at taking some Cisco certifications for 2010
  • Options
    NightShade1NightShade1 Member Posts: 433 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Alcatel Certified Field Expert: 6200 Omnistack
    Alcatel Certified Field Expert: 6800 OmniSwitch
    Fortinet Certified Security Professional
    MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure Configuration
    MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Configuration
    MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure Configuration

hopefully ill complete all that ;)
  • Options
    thomas130thomas130 Member Posts: 184
    My Plans for 2010

Start and complete my MCSE

I have already attended training for Itilv3 I just need to recap for a week or two and sit the exam
    more jobs requesting strong office skills.

Carry on studying for my degree at Open University

At the moment I only work 16 hours a week and 1 in 3 weekends due to losing my job. The main thing it is a helpdesk technician job so least I can still claim I have got relevant experience. However I really hate this job all I do is answer the phone but will use this as motivation to study harder. icon_study.gif

My attitude is this now, get this cert done and you’re one step closer to getting a decent job you will enjoy.

Good luck everyone with there studying
  • Options
    MoInSTLMoInSTL Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You folks are very ambitious! I feel like such a slacker! I plan on Security+ and MCSA. Then, reevaluate my goals based on my interests and market trends. Hopefully I can combine both at some point.
    Just started 70-290.
  • Options
    stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just started my CCNP, going to try and tackle the BSCI first the hardest out the 4 exams. I'm hoping to have BSCI completed within 6-7 months. Depending on what happens with the new CCNP exam change for next year I'll either go the BCMSN or whatever new exam there is for switching. Hoping to get the CCNP knocked out between 12-18 months. Every other cert I studied took no longer than 2 months usually, this exam is a BIG step up from any cert I tried.
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • Options
    SepiraphSepiraph Member Posts: 179 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Start my CCIE ... may pick up CCDP along the way.
  • Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    CCIE R&S, around Spring 2010.
  • Options
    nevolvednevolved Member Posts: 131
    BSCI scheduled for January, been working on it for about 3 months now
    BCMSN probably in March/April
    TSHOOT when it arrives in ??July?

I really don't know where to head to after this, but maybe one of the CCNA trio Wireless/Voice/Security. I'm trying to take it more slowly this year and really pound in the information and configuration prior to taking the exams.

Good luck to everyone
  • Options
    ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    My current goals for 2010

CCNP (Depends on new requirements)
    CCDA
    CCNA-Security

Get more familiar with linux, maybe get an entry level cert.

Might get ITIL as well.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My plan for 2010 is as follows:
    -finish CCNA
    -MCSA
    -CCNA:S
    -CCNA:V
    -CCNA:W
    -MCSE (MCITP)
    -Linux+

this is the plan anyway!!
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    ilcram19-2ilcram19-2 Banned Posts: 436
    Ccdp, ccsp, ccip
  • Options
    BADfish10BADfish10 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Finish MCITP:EA before end of feb
    MCITP:Exchange 2007
    MCITP:Exchange 2010
    MCTS:OCS 2007R2
    CCNA:V
    BCSI

Cant help but feel there will be a few changes but only after the MCITP in exchange 2010
    Think we must be due a new OCS :)
    then would go OCS 2007 and newer then CCNA:V
    The BCSI will take allot to get me through compared to whole cert tracks of the others icon_sad.gif

J
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    I might take next year off ... I'm wrecked! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    gocubsgocubs Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    my plans seem to go back and forth due to what i end up doing but...

MCSE:S->MCITP
    MCIPT-7
    Security+
    CCNA:S
    So Far: A+, MCDST, MCITP:Vista Supporting

2010 Plans: MCSE:M+S and CCNA

Studying: AAS in Networking and Security
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    My plans for next year are pretty simple, since I laid the groundwork for them this year.

CCIP - Goal is to have it finished by July 31st. Already have the credit for BSCI, I'll probably sneak the QoS exam in before the end of 2009 (if not, then I'll definetly take it in January), and the majority of this period will be spent boning up on BGP and MPLS (BGP won't be hard, since I work in a BGP environment. Still haven't decided if I'm going to take the BGP+MPLS composite or the individual exams).

Once CCIP is out of the way, it's plowtime for the CCIE. The rest of 2010 will be spent in preparation to take the CCIE Written in January of 2011. My intention is to study for the Written as though I'm studying to take the Lab exam, that way I can minimize the turn around between Written and Lab as much as possible.

Oh, and I intend to kill Arthas in World of Warcraft. But I'm not sure as to that's relevance ;)
  • Options
    coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Didn't stick too well to my plans for 2009, hope to do better in 2010.

This first one wasn't on the list but given the exposure and then recommended by couple of successful co-workers I have decided to go for it, lets see how well I can stick to it:

1- CCSP
    2- CEH

That is it; not going all crazy with the planning like I did last year and didn't really stick to it.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.
  • Options
    SilentsoulSilentsoul Member Posts: 260
    CCNA and see where that takes me.
  • Options
    poriggityporiggity Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For the end of 2009, I will have my A+ certification completed. Next for the beginning of 2009 is 70-270, which will move me on to finish up a MCP cert, and then MCSE then CCNA, hopefully all be the end of 2010.
    Scott
    A+, 70-270, and working on 70-290 now. Certs are good.
    claymoore wrote:
    If you're unzipping your fly to show off your A+, N+ and Sec+, I'm going to ask if it's cold in here.
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    BADfish10 wrote: »
    Finish MCITP:EA before end of feb
    MCITP:Exchange 2007
    MCITP:Exchange 2010
    MCTS:OCS 2007R2
    CCNA:V
    BCSI

Cant help but feel there will be a few changes but only after the MCITP in exchange 2010
    Think we must be due a new OCS :)
    then would go OCS 2007 and newer then CCNA:V
    The BCSI will take allot to get me through compared to whole cert tracks of the others icon_sad.gif

J

You know the CCNP track is changing in 2010 right?
  • Options
    SrAtechieSrAtechie Member Posts: 150 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Going to try to finish CCNP before the old test fades away. After that, CCDA/CCDP. IF (and that's a big IF) there's time and money left in the year, I'll start my climb towards CCIE R&S. That'll probably encompass all of 2011. I'm still working on the 5 year plan icon_cool.gif
    Working on: Linux+, CCNP:Switch
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    IT-Related Plans for 2010:
    • Finish MCSE during break between classes, (70-293, 70-294, and 70-298.)
    • Upgrade to MCITP: Enterprise Administrator (sometime next summer, maybe).
    • Renew my CCNA with CCNA: Security or a CCNP exam to start the track, (either old or new).
    • Finish the last class needed for an A.S. degree in Computer Information Systems.

This year is going to be about "finishing the project" that has been my IT career and certification/professional goals. My main focus right now is banging out those math, physics, and computer science courses in order to get my procrastinating ass into UC Berkeley's school of engineering. icon_study.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    CSCOnoobCSCOnoob Member Posts: 120
    My signature pretty much says it all. Though, I might squeeze CCDP and Security+ before I start my CCIE R&S pursuit.
  • Options
    it2bit2b Member Posts: 117
    If Prometric and the test center can ever get the software working I might make a 3rd attempt at 083-640. I'd like to get moving through the MCITP.
  • Options
    cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    Just the CISSP this year. I'll decide if I want anything else after that. Most likley it will be Cisco Security or R&S.
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • Options
    luke_bibbyluke_bibby Member Posts: 162
    Exams I'd like to sit:
    -CCNAV
    -CVOICE
    -70-640 (Configuring AD in Windows 2008.)
  • Options
    bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My plans are as follows:

BBA. CIS. Network Systems concentration Cert (lol I know it was a joke...degree)

MCSA/SE

Probably first part of MCITP.icon_cheers.gif
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup:
  • Options
    SepiraphSepiraph Member Posts: 179 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I plan to start my CCIE, but I don't plan to take the exam until 2011. Maybe I'll finish the CCDP depending on my interest level (already finished reading the material before). I don't want to get cert. for the sake of getting cert.

In the meantime, I plan to get stronger in my system skill (Unix-side), spend more time on perl scripting. I want to experiment with my unix box and to build my own custom NMS (network monitoring system), play around with Apache, DB, VM stuffs etc.
  • Options
    M4verickM4verick Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Finish CCNP
    RHCT
    Start CCIE, & take out CCIP along the way.
    Isn't it funny how after you have the certifications, you don't care about sharing them as much?
  • Options
    tenroutenrou Member Posts: 108
    I'm looking at Sharepoint Dev, MSSQL, CVoice and Prince2 for my certs next year. Possibly XenApp5 as well because my new role will use it.

I sat more than a dozen exams this year and I'm not going to have that type of time next year so I'm looking at 4 or 5 exams but ones that develop my knowledge a but more.