Options

Starting point for a home lab, good read for us beginners..

joe48184joe48184 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
Howdy Folks,
I know the "which hardware for starter lab" question gets asked alot, my self included. I did a bit a looking around and found a nice post that answeres which hardware for "beginning home labs".

With the info I got from reading all the topics, I managed to get everything I needed for most labs up to, but not past CCNA for under $100 dollars(US) that includes shipping. The hardware needed to get beyond CCNA will be a bit more of an investment, but I thought baby steps was the best way to start.

Here is the link.. CCNA Lab Main Post Summary | NetworkWorld.com Community

Comments

• Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    What type of equipment are you purchasing for under $100?
  • Options
    joe48184joe48184 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I managed to pickup a 2501, 2507, 2950 and a 2950c which came to around $85 with shipping. Also after reading a bit more, I also picked up a 2610mx for $40. So as of this update, I'm at $125.00 A bit over my origional post but well within a reasonable "learning" budget.
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Not too bad. You'll have to spend a little more coin if you decide you want to go beyond the CCNA. Definitely smart, good luck on your studies. :)
  • Options
    camit34camit34 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice - thanks for the link!
  • Options
    maquesadmaquesad Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am thinking in purchasing some equipment to start my own lab... i have a good lab at my job but I guess that I want my own one... it has been kind of hard since I am out of USA so it becomes a little bit more expensive.... which websites do you recommend to buy?

or which simulator is a really good one... I used packet tracer much of the times but it does not meet all my needs... I heard GNS3 is really good, but it consumes a lot of resources and I have not figure out yet how to use it... any other that I can use?