Options

West Virgina...

Does anyone here work/live in West Virginia. Interested in finding out what Clarksburg, WVA is like.

Comments

• Options
    carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
    I can honestly say that I saw this coming, lol.
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I'm around the Huntington area, so that doesn't do you much good as far as location goes.

On the other hand, living in WV sucks. The tax rate is high, property taxes and inspections on vehicles, high fees for living in city limits with nothing to show for it, etc.

And generally speaking, there's nothing here unless you're bordering another state and a large city is within driving distance.
  • Options
    cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    Do you like widdling wood?

Do you mind living in a hollar??

Can you learn to play the jug??
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • Options
    bellheadbellhead Member Posts: 120
    You mean it's not the most cosmopolitan place on earth correct?
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    bellhead wrote: »
    You mean it's not the most cosmopolitan place on earth correct?

John Denver, Take Me Home, Country Roads Lyrics
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    cbigbrick wrote: »

Also:

Can your picture be found on www.peopleofwalmart.com?
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Also:

Can your picture be found on www.peopleofwalmart.com?

That is so wrong. I want to pluck my eyeballs out... icon_tongue.gificon_mad.gif
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768

You might want to catch up on your 5th grade English before further perpetuating the "hillbilly" stereotype. Just a thought.
  • Options
    cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    /usr wrote: »
    You might want to catch up on your 5th grade English before further perpetuating the "hillbilly" stereotype. Just a thought.

In 5th grade, English was not my first language but I didn't realize it until the beginning to the 7th grade.
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • Options
    carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
    Hahahah! I did not expect any less. I have not heard one good thing about this place.

It just sucks that the FBI CJIS is located there. They seem to pay pretty good in that place.
  • Options
    TherhinoTherhino Member Posts: 122
    carboncopy wrote: »
    Hahahah! I did not expect any less. I have not heard one good thing about this place.

It just sucks that the FBI CJIS is located there. They seem to pay pretty good in that place.

hit me on PM I actually live in bridgeport and could most likely answer all the questions you need to know about the area

and to the above.....
    I wear shoes, don't play a jug, unlike your really large metropolitan area I can go into a store and not have to point out the items I want due to everyone here using the same language, do not roll up or roll away from the buffet, etc....
  • Options
    L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    I live and work in WV. I actually work in Clarksburg. It's not that bad. I have all my teeth and I wear shoes.

EDIT:
    I don't play the jug either.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • Options
    qplayedqplayed Member Posts: 303
    how about VA? fredereicksburg(sp), charlottesville(sp), culpeper area? I might be relocating but unsure of jobs down there....
    If you cannot express in a sentence or two what
    you intend to get across, then it is not focused
    well enough.
    —Charles Osgood, TV commentator
  • Options
    L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    qplayed wrote: »
    how about VA? fredereicksburg(sp), charlottesville(sp), culpeper area? I might be relocating but unsure of jobs down there....

Entirely different economy and living style in a lot of VA. If you are cleared (or clearable) the DC metro area will provide you with plenty of gov contract work. Norfolk also has some gov contracting work due to the naval base. Other than that, I have no idea.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...