Msdnaa?

Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
I just received an email from my college that I am enrolled in the MSDNAA due to the fact that I am taking eligible classes to be in the program.

This is the first that I've really heard of this, I mean, I know what MSDN is, but I didn't know anything about the academic alliance. So, whats the catch?

I mean it shows that I can download Windows 7 Pro for free.... I mean, there has to be a catch right? Does it just stop working after I'm no longer enrolled in the program or is this a full license for me to use on my personal laptop for as long as I want? It sounds too good to be true honestly.

Has anyone here downloaded any software through MSDNAA?

Comments

• bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I get access to MSDN AA through WGU.

Student use agreement - MSDN Academic Alliance (MSDNAA) Student Use Agreement

The short version is that you can only install new copies of the software while you're enrolled at the member school, you can't use the software for commercial software development, and you can't give out the software and/or license keys to other people.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    bwcarty wrote: »
    I get access to MSDN AA through WGU.

Student use agreement - MSDN Academic Alliance (MSDNAA) Student Use Agreement

The short version is that you can only install new copies of the software while you're enrolled at the member school, you can't use the software for commercial software development, and you can't give out the software and/or license keys to other people.

Awesome, I read the agreement, looks like there should be no issue with my procuring a copy of Windows 7 to replace Vista on my personal laptop then! icon_cheers.gif
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome, I read the agreement, looks like there should be no issue with my procuring a copy of Windows 7 to replace Vista on my personal laptop then! icon_cheers.gif

None at all. I had 3 copies of Windows 7 Professional on preorder back when they were doing the 50% off promo, and when I got the MSDNAA access, I cancelled them. Now I just have to upgrade my half dozen or so desktops and laptops at home before I graduate.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.