JNCIS-M Scheduled

CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
Thursday 12, Nov 09.

Taking this test because I recently moved up at work and have had more exposure to configuration changes with the Junipers. We have everything from M-10's all the way up to T-640's, pretty cool stuff. Anyway, I thought I would try to pick up some more Juniper certs because they are now all covered under the GIBill for re-imbursement, all the way from associate to expert level. I think I may be buying some Juniper equipment soon :]

Comments

• seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Best of luck!
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    All the very best to you.... Why not try and get JNCIE by 30... :)
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Man that's awesome to hear that you have your JNCIS scheduled, best of luck there icon_cheers.gif

Also that's awesome to hear that the GIbill is going to cover the cost of the certs all the way up through the IE. You just can't go wrong there :D

Will it cover study materials by chance? Such as picking up a few routers off of ebay ;)
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    Aldur wrote: »
    Man that's awesome to hear that you have your JNCIS scheduled, best of luck there icon_cheers.gif

Also that's awesome to hear that the GIbill is going to cover the cost of the certs all the way up through the IE. You just can't go wrong there :D

Will it cover study materials by chance? Such as picking up a few routers off of ebay ;)

no, unfortunately the gibill doesn't cover study materials. If so, I would have one nice lab! I'm not sure how much a decent Juniper lab would cost, I guess I'm about to find out.
  • CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    Aldur:

What does your juniper lab look like that you made for the JNCIP:M? I was looking on ebay, and man, the juniper equipment is just way too expensive still. Someone needs to write a program for Junipers that is the equivalent to GNS3/Dynamips. That would be awesome. I know about Olives, but not much. Is that what you are using for your lab setup? Can you post some pics and some lab hardware specs? Thanks!
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/juniper-certifications/46233-1u-olive.html

The above thread should help you out... Step by Step Instruction plus low cost method to build the Juniper lab with Olive..

HTH
    Hoogen
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Aldur:

What does your juniper lab look like that you made for the JNCIP:M? I was looking on ebay, and man, the juniper equipment is just way too expensive still. Someone needs to write a program for Junipers that is the equivalent to GNS3/Dynamips. That would be awesome. I know about Olives, but not much. Is that what you are using for your lab setup? Can you post some pics and some lab hardware specs? Thanks!

When I was studying for the JNCIP-M I was actually using 14 hardware olives. Now this was a bit overkill but I went a little crazy :D

At one point I broke it down to 3 olives split up into logical routers. This seriously helped with all the heat the 14 were pumping out in my living room at the time.icon_silent.gif

Sure thing, I'll post some pics of my lab and show everybody what I got. Been meaning to do that for a while now.

Yea, the cost of some low end Juniper routers is a bit to choke down and the link that Hoogen is the best and cheapest way to go about getting some good lab experience in. Last time I checked you could get a Nokia firewall for around 30 bucks. This is a sweet deal considering when I built my olives back in the day I paid between 50-70 bucks a peice for the materials, if only I would have known.

Keep in mind to that although the Nokia firewalls only have 3 ports you can plug one of those ports into a switch and sub-divide that one port into vlans and virtually have an unlimited number of links in your lab. This is what I did with my J2300's that I have in my lab. With only 2 fe ports I used one for management and the other was sub-divided into how ever many links I needed.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
    What happened.. Any update....
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Thursday 12, Nov 09.

Taking this test because I recently moved up at work and have had more exposure to configuration changes with the Junipers. We have everything from M-10's all the way up to T-640's, pretty cool stuff. Anyway, I thought I would try to pick up some more Juniper certs because they are now all covered under the GIBill for re-imbursement, all the way from associate to expert level. I think I may be buying some Juniper equipment soon :]

I see it in your cert list. How was it?
    Lab first, ask questions later