Options

ITIL Certification - How Can I Help?

eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
First, I started this thread here, and not in the ITIL section in order to have more visibility. Mods, please move if you feel that would be best.

I appreciate the responses to this thread: http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/48218-2010-certification-plans.html

It's interesting to read what everyone's plans are for the coming year.

I did notice that a number of you that responded mentioned doing ITIL Foundation in the coming year.

As many of you know, I do quite a bit of ITIL consulting and training for a living, and I want to see if there's a way I can help you out.

Students who have taken my ITIL classes have a 100% pass rate. This is rare in the ITIL world, and the worldwide average at the moment is an 87% pass rate. My method of covering the material has been recognized numerous times as less dry, less boring, and generally more practical and more likely to lead to exam success.

I'm welcome to your thoughts and suggestions. Here are some initial things that I've thought that might be possible:

1 - Hold a TE ITIL Foundation class. I'd be happy to do this at a special rate for TE members, however, I think this is unlikely as we'd all have to travel to some location in order to pull this off. Still, if there is sufficient interest (around 8 people), I can make this happen at a reasonable cost.

2 - If your company is interested in ITIL training, I can provide a quote/proposal for onsite training. I really prefer onsite training as it allows me to tailor the content specifically to your organization's needs.

3 - ITIL Foundation Self-Study book - In the coming weeks I will make available an ITIL Foundation Self-Study book that encapsulates many of the examples that I use in my classes to illustrate the material. I will provide information as it's available.

4 - ITIL Practice Exams - These are available for free on my LinkedIn profile, and I will be adding more in the coming weeks.

That's about all I can think of at the moment, if anyone has any suggestions I'd be glad to consider it.

Thanks,

MS

Comments

• Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    MS -

My boss is concerned since it's mostly UK based and not widely recognized (yet) in the US. He wants me to get ISO/IEC20000 certified instead.

What are the benefits of ITIL over ISO/IEC20000?
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    It's not so much the advantages of ITIL over ISO/IEC20000, both of them compliment each other.
    ...ITIL provides good practice guidelines, advice and options that can be selectively adopted and adapted. ISO/IEC 20000 is a standard in two parts. Part 1, ISO/IEC 20000-1 is the distillation of the "must do" practices of service management. Part 2, ISO/IEC 20000-2 is a code of practice giving advice... Achieving ISO/IEC 20000 is undertaken when organizations want to test and prove they have adopted ITIL advice effectively. It is used to develop consistent, integrated processes across organisational and national boundaries...

See here.

In my opinion, the ISO/IEC 20000 is where you want to be, ITIL is how you're going to get there. That's my intepretation of it anyway :)

-Ken
  • Options
    NinjaBoy wrote: »
    It's not so much the advantages of ITIL over ISO/IEC20000, both of them compliment each other.

See here.

In my opinion, the ISO/IEC 20000 is where you want to be, ITIL is how you're going to get there. That's my intepretation of it anyway :)

-Ken

Thanks - I'll let my boss know. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    NinjaBoy wrote: »

See here.

-Ken

Ken is right...ISO/IEC 20000 is the target or goal, ITIL is a vehicle that can get you there.

However, most of the ISO/IEC 20000 certifications that I'm aware of require ITIL Foundation as a prerequisite.

The ISO/IEC 20000 certification that I hold was the absolute hardest exam I've ever taken. There are less than 2000 people worldwide that hold this credential.

BTW, ISO/IEC 20000 was based on was originally based on British Standard 15000, and also originates from the UK. You will find lots of shared material between the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and what ITIL discusses in great detail through various best practices.

I can help with ISO 20k too...

MS
  • Options
    eMeS wrote: »
    Ken is right...ISO/IEC 20000 is the target or goal, ITIL is a vehicle that can get you there.

However, most of the ISO/IEC 20000 certifications that I'm aware of require ITIL Foundation as a prerequisite.

The ISO/IEC 20000 certification that I hold was the absolute hardest exam I've ever taken. There are less than 2000 people worldwide that hold this credential.

BTW, ISO/IEC 20000 was based on was originally based on British Standard 15000, and also originates from the UK. You will find lots of shared material between the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and what ITIL discusses in great detail through various best practices.

I can help with ISO 20k too...

MS

thnx MS. We're a medical company and have to adhere to ISO standards. We will soon need to have our IT practices ISO certified and believe this will be the best route for us.

What do you think?
  • Options
    thnx MS. We're a medical company and have to adhere to ISO standards. We will soon need to have our IT practices ISO certified and believe this will be the best route for us.

What do you think?

ISO 20k is the way to go. I worked on a big ISO 20k project in Boston from 2006-2007, and am just beginning one in the Houston area. Let me know how I can help.

MS
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059

MS

There are less than 2000 people worldwide that hold MCTS: Windows Server Virtualization, as well. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    There are less than 2000 people worldwide that hold MCTS: Windows Server Virtualization, as well. icon_lol.gif

There are less than 4 people who have added value to this thread.

MS
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    There are less than 4 people who have added value to this thread.

MS

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif