Options

how does the difficulty of the practice exams on this site compare to the actual test

abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
how does the difficulty of the practice exams on this site compare to the actual test

The 3 that are here:
Security+ Study Guides, Practice Exams, Training Resources, and Forums

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    abefroman wrote: »

The 3 that are here:
    Security+ Study Guides, Practice Exams, Training Resources, and Forums

Just remember they were for the older test. Still good for knowledge building. What books are you using for your studies?
  • Options
    abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    Just remember they were for the older test. Still good for knowledge building. What books are you using for your studies?

The Sybex and I have the Exam cram.

I'm trying to decide whether to take this before Thanksgiving or Mid-December.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    abefroman wrote: »
    The Sybex and I have the Exam cram.

I'm trying to decide whether to take this before Thanksgiving or Mid-December.

That is good material for the tests. I like using ExamCram to narrow everything down.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Another thing to consider is the number of questions and the amount of time.

You'll have 100 questions on the exam and only 90 minutes to complete it. With this in mind, you only have about 1 minute to complete each question. Don't let that scare you. Prepared test takers normally finish with time to review the test.

However, it does tell you that the questions can't be that long and detailed. You'll find many one, two, and three sentence questions. For most of them, once you see the question you'll know the answer and the answer is available as one of the choices.

I haven't reviewed the sample questions on this site (which veritas_libertas mentions is for the older exam) so I can't speak directly to them, but his comment "still good for knowledge building" is right on target.

When you dig into practice questions and try to really understand why the right answer is right, and why the wrong answers are wrong, you'll be well prepared for the exam. You just need to make sure your study material covers all of the objectives.

HTH,

Darril Gibson
    Author: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead
    www.sy0-201.com

Security+ Blog
    Security Plus: Get Certified Get Ahead

Security+ Tip of day Tweets
    twitter.com/DarrilGibson