Options

Are the preplogic exams worth it?

abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
Are the preplogic exams worth it?

TIA

Comments

• Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I can't speak for PrepLogic, but SelfTest Software (sister company of Transcender) is good, and their semi-annual 40% off sale is ending at midnight Central time tonight.

I just ordered the 30 day access for Security+ for under $30. You could do the regular unlimited use download for under $50.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I used their $10 exams for my 642, I think they were ok. Maybe not as hard as the actual exam but good practice nevertheless.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I prefer Transcender...
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    I've used preplogic material, and found them to be good :)

-ken
  • Options
    LirinLirin Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The preplogic exams were on sale a few weeks ago and I picked up a few of them. Good stuff. You can try a demo at Download your FREE Practice Exam! to see if they are right for you.
  • Options
    joe48184joe48184 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Regarding practice exams,
    The best advice I could offer is to download all the demo's you can find and evaluate them. The worst thing that can happen is that you'll be exposed to at least 50 questions (assuming 10 questions per demo) that will test your knowledge.

Given that, evaluate the demo's.. Is the interface polished, ie.. can you mark questions and go back to them. Do they offer a test and learn function. Can you customize a test or quiz. How many questions does a purchased copy of the demo offer per test. How many tests are offered. When a question is answered wrong, does the software provide the reason why its wrong and why the right answer is the correct one.

Lots of things to think about when evaluating exam software, but worth it in my opinion. I personally used Ucertify, I can't recommend it though, Lots of polish but I question the substance. I'm still up in the air for my next exam software purchase. I'm starting ICND1 (Cisco) and leaning towards Boson, but still undecided. Ten questions for a demo isn't enough substance to make an informed choice.

Sorry I couldn't answer your question, just gave ya more to think about.icon_redface.gif