$1 Mega Guides from PrepLogic again...

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■

Comments

• LeuryLeury Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Veritas I'm net at this so would these be good to also study from if you are going for a certification? I'm guessing yes but just wanted to see what you had to say about it.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Leury wrote: »
    Hey Veritas I'm net at this so would these be good to also study from if you are going for a certification? I'm guessing yes but just wanted to see what you had to say about it.

Certainly not as a primary source. Good for a review? Yes.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This is awesome! It reminded me to read all the ones I bought last time they did this* icon_lol.gif

Leury, they're good guides; absolutely worth a dollar. They're not as good of a value at full-price since you can usually buy a full book for the same price.

*I'm LOVING running Linux: locate .pdf | grep Prep
  • LeuryLeury Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's what I though. Sounds good , guess I'll buy the ones that I am working on. Should be good to add a long with the books and all other sources like you guys stated.icon_thumright.gif
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've seen these offers a handful of other times. Decided to pickup a bunch of them this time around. Some coincide with my study plans and some fit well with some classes I'll be taking soon too. A good chunk of them are just in case I get to it purchases.

Can't go wrong for the price though!
  • UnixGeekUnixGeek Member Posts: 151
    Thanks for posting this. I picked up a few.
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I am scheduling the LPI exam soon so I will get some use out of this.
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Not Bad.... 8 Megas $272 USD for only $20.
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I clicked the 70-640, which on the main page says $1, and in the product page, it's $5 .. lol. bait & switch.. :P
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    I bought a few of them last time, and have to say that its not bad if you don't know the topic at all and need a starting point. Do not rely on them purely.

PS ; Also be ready when their sales teams start making calls like:

PrepLogig " Hey dude how are you? How is your exams going?
    You: ' " Hmm, who the heck are you?"
    PrepLogic " Its me, Brian/Tim/Mario was calling to see how is it going for you, preplogic"
    You " I am all right thank you, but please do not call me again i am not interested in any thing "
    Preplogic " Listen, we can help you here, belive me we can, we....."

and same thing 2 weeks later, then 1 month later , to the point where I just have to hang up the phone as soon as hear " Hey dude how are you"
    JBrown wrote: »
    I bought a few of them last time, and have to say that its not bad if you don't know the topic at all and need a starting point. Do not rely on them purely.

PrepLogic " Its me, Brian/Tim/Mario was calling to see how is it going for you, preplogic"
    You " I am all right thank you, but please do not call me again i am not interested in any thing "

and same thing 2 weeks later, then 1 month later , to the point where I just have to hang up the phone as soon as hear " Hey dude how are you"

Caller ID, and the ban stick :) I have VoIP so their number quickly gets added to the list.
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    I am scheduling the LPI exam soon so I will get some use out of this.

I had the same thought, so I took a look at the previews. Based on the topic numbering and names, it looks like the LPI guides were written for the previous revision of the exams.
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Caller ID, and the ban stick :) I have VoIP so their number quickly gets added to the list.

I took only 2 hours to get a call from someone.
  • apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351

Right on.
    I also use my Google Voice number for just such occasions. It's nice when you don't have to give away your primary cell number just to get these kind of offers. It sort of makes it no risk ;)
    Usus magister est optimus
    UnixGeek wrote: »
    I had the same thought, so I took a look at the previews. Based on the topic numbering and names, it looks like the LPI guides were written for the previous revision of the exams.

guess I am out of two dollars lol. For me the guides will allow me to sneak in some study at work.
    guess I am out of two dollars lol. For me the guides will allow me to sneak in some study at work.

Is there any reason these guides wouldn't still help, maybe build a foundation for the new tests? That has been my case with the Security+ at least.
    Is there any reason these guides wouldn't still help, maybe build a foundation for the new tests? That has been my case with the Security+ at least.

I still plan on using it though since it is a foundation.
    I still plan on using it though since it is a foundation.

I imagine they're still handy for that purpose. Just didn't want you to depend on that as your primary source, and potentially find yourself out a lot more than $2. :)
  • 120nm4n120nm4n Member Posts: 116
    I'm killing my department's budget... $23 for a bunch of guides lol
    WIP: MCITP: EA
    70-620 - Done
    70-647 - In Progress
    70-649 - Soon.
  • SilentsoulSilentsoul Member Posts: 260
    these are pdf format correct, not an actual book?
    Silentsoul wrote: »
    these are pdf format correct, not an actual book?

Correct icon_study.gif
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Might as well pick a couple up. Got CCNA and CEH. CCNA is pretty detailed, should be a great review for my studies. In addition to the Sybex, hands on and practice tests.

Can't beat the price.... Well, unless they were free!
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I picked up a couple.

Im still contemplating taking a stab at 70-624 with that 2 for 1 coupon thing so I got the guide for that, Sharepoint and Security+.

I find it funny that they have a Server+ 2009 guide, considering that exam isnt out yet. They cant even get the beta finished in under a year.
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    I find it funny that they have a Server+ 2009 guide, considering that exam isnt out yet. They cant even get the beta finished in under a year.

Yeah, I thought that was interesting. I'm sitting on a Server+ voucher that Vue sent me after a test scheduling mishap with the beta, so I went ahead, and picked up the guide.
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□

Do they really talk like this? That's really weird.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    dynamik wrote: »
    *I'm LOVING running Linux: locate .pdf | grep Prep
    Yeah, no kidding. Now I've got to find the last batch of PrepLogic Mega Guides that I bought (and never read) last time so I don't buy any duplicates this time!
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409

This is why I never put in a real phone number for sites like this. Made that mistake once, never again. I usually use a combination of my home phone and cell phone. Keeps the pressure sales calls to a minimum. icon_thumright.gif
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    skrpune wrote: »
    This is why I never put in a real phone number for sites like this. Made that mistake once, never again. I usually use a combination of my home phone and cell phone. Keeps the pressure sales calls to a minimum. icon_thumright.gif

And somewhere, somebody who owns that number is wondering WTF!

I'm guilty as charged though, at least with e-mail - if there is a bob@aol.com he is NOT happy with me.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    And somewhere, somebody who owns that number is wondering WTF!

I just used her number when I got mine, so it all balances out.
    I'm guilty as charged though, at least with e-mail - if there is a bob@aol.com he is NOT happy with me.

10 Minute Mail