Options

Modern Warfare 2

eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
Anyone playing it?

I picked it up yesterday for the PS3....the multiplayer is very nicely done. This is the first game that I can think of since Doom 2 that I would rather play the multiplayer vs. the single-player game.

BTW....we used to play Doom 2 over an IPX/SPX Novell LAN way back in the day....

MS

Comments

• Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    We still have a novell sever running over IPX at work...

I was thinking of picking it up today actually. I over heard when I was picking up NFS that the local game store had over 500 per-sold a month before it was even released.
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    MW2 was the most pre-sold game/movie/book ever is what I read a week or two ago. I am thinking about picking it up, but I still need to get HALO:ODST and Dragon Age looks really good also.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    eMeS wrote: »
    Anyone playing it?

I have it somewhere for the 360. I'm currently dumping the little free time I have into Dragon Age.
    This is the first game that I can think of since Doom 2 that I would rather play the multiplayer vs. the single-player game.

The Halo games are like that as well.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    I'm currently dumping...

Dude, you can take 5 minutes away from TE....
    The Halo games are like that as well.

Never really played any of these...I used to have an original Xbox, but never really did much with it...I guess my limited gaming time is wholly invested in the PS3 at the moment, with the occasional pc game thrown in....

MS
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This is the first game that I can think of since Doom 2 that I would rather play the multiplayer vs. the single-player game.

Resistance 2 also.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I've been playing it a lot lately for PS3.

Anyone here who plays, PM me with your PS network ID and we'll play a bit. icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Picked it up for Xbox 360 - prob pick it up for PC too. :)
  • Options
    RevenueRevenue Member Posts: 130
    Picked it up for Xbox 360 - prob pick it up for PC too. :)

Same here.. I brought it for the Xbox360 first.. Went home only to find that my Console has been banned from xbox live! Suck icon_sad.gif...So went back and got the PC version. Still got the xbox version if anyone from NZ\AU wants it at a cheap price :P
  • Options
    Went home only to find that my Console has been banned from xbox live!

Why would they do this?
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    /usr wrote: »
    Why would they do this?
    The most recent Xbox Live ban was for any console with modifications to allow playing of copied games or any other unauthorised software. Its a permanent ban as well so there has been a lot of these banned consoles appearing on eBay which no notification that its unable to go onto Xbox Live. You can still play stuff offline. Its just Xbox Live that doesn't work.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I have it somewhere for the 360. I'm currently dumping the little free time I have into Dragon Age.
    Dragon Age seems pretty good but the fact that there is DLC right at the launch of the game for extra quests/items/areas/abilities is kinda cheesy. There is even a NPC that tells you about this extra paid content right inside the game as basically an advert.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    tiersten wrote: »
    Dragon Age seems pretty good but the fact that there is DLC right at the launch of the game for extra quests/items/areas/abilities is kinda cheesy. There is even a NPC that tells you about this extra paid content right inside the game as basically an advert.

Yea, that's why everyone was really excited when EA bought Bioware icon_rolleyes.gif

Regardless, it's a genuine Bioware game, and it's definitely worth the money. I actually had codes included with the game to get the DLC for free. They gave me Mass Effect 2 (Jan/Feb 2010) DLC as well icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I picked it up when it first came out here which means I did stay up all night into the early morning just to get my copy for pc :D This game is way awsome.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i've got it on PS3. Great game.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's had rave reviews on TV as far as I can tell. With studytime at a premium I never get the chance to play games, in fact Im light years off the pace on all the games that preceeded this one. If I was to dare to suggest that I spend time on these things after logging off from a rack session there would be modern warfare in our house.
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I only get to play MW2 when waiting on a really long progress bar. yesterday I was doing a server build and got a few games in.
  • Options
    tiersten wrote: »
    The most recent Xbox Live ban was for any console with modifications to allow playing of copied games or any other unauthorised software. Its a permanent ban as well so there has been a lot of these banned consoles appearing on eBay which no notification that its unable to go onto Xbox Live. You can still play stuff offline. Its just Xbox Live that doesn't work.

Yup, MS has Banned over 1 Million Consoles now.
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I left the house today with the intentions of picking up Modern Warfare 2 or Dragon Age.

I returned with a heart rate monitor and gym membership. I have no idea how that happened, must be the ADD kicking in. Probably better off getting into better shape anyways both for the health reasons as well as the fact that people who exercise regularly tend to lead much more mentally healthy lives as well which sure sounds great to me with my divorce.

Who knows, maybe I'll even pickup some chick like dynamik's mom at the gym!
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I left the house today with the intentions of picking up Modern Warfare 2 or Dragon Age.

I returned with a heart rate monitor and gym membership. I have no idea how that happened, must be the ADD kicking in. Probably better off getting into better shape anyways both for the health reasons as well as the fact that people who exercise regularly tend to lead much more mentally healthy lives as well which sure sounds great to me with my divorce.

Who knows, maybe I'll even pickup some chick like dynamik's mom at the gym!

Are you saying your gym offers pole dancing?
  • Options

They might - I think they have some fancy cardio type name for it, but when me and dynamik's mom are working out at the gym she's usually doing squats.
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561

Actually the local Y here offered a Pole Dancing class, along with a Belly Dancing class lol.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    Wow check out this Knife Throw!! Love multiplayer.. To bad in limited in almost everyway icon_sad.gif

YouTube - Brich45's Channel
  • Options
    but when me and dynamik's mom are working out at the gym she's usually doing squats.

I've never understood the whole defecAtion combined with *** thing...but if someone's toothless mom squeezing one out on you is your thing, then let your freak flag fly!

MS
  • Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    See, this is why the off-topic forum is supposed to be technology related. Anything else always ends with defection and ***.

BTW, where are you defecting to with dynamik's mom?
  • Options
    kalebksp wrote: »
    See, this is why the off-topic forum is supposed to be technology related. Anything else always ends with defection and ***.

BTW, where are you defecting to with dynamik's mom?

hahaha

funny how a single vowel makes a huge difference...

MS
  • Options
    Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Picked it up for PC the day it came out. Single player campaign is amazing. Multiplayer..... it's hit and miss. I'm really bummed out with the lack of dedicated server support. I really really really hate this central matchmaking system. How do you console guys deal with this? It's terrible.

Not to mention, they took the lean function away..... WHY?!
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,039 Admin
    Still waiting for Diablo 3... icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote: »

Fact: Diablo 3 is a myth :D
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »

seconded, ruddy blizzard and their "when its ready" methodology!
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    Blizzard has always been notorious for delaying games and having them just take forever to come out, but at the same time, they've always released quality games IMO.

I can't tell you how many hours of my life I spent online, playing Starcraft and Warcraft 3.