Options

Modern Warfare 2

2»

Comments

• Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I picked it up for the PS3, I did not want to renew my Xbox Live time because I rarely play multiplayer games besides the COD series.

The single player game blew me away, story wise it was confusing at first but as it progressed became more epic. I felt like I was taking part in a big budget movie. Graphically it was stunning as usual, I am playing in on my 61 inch Samsung DLP with 5.1 surround sound speakers and the immersion was awesome.

I think the snow levels were my favorite, my wife hated the airport level though.
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Picked it up on Sunday night, and played the single player right through. Didn't plan on it, but it was a story that you just can't stop! A little short, but it was like playing a movie. Worth every penny.

Multiplayer is as addictive as I thought it would be, I foresee a lot of wasted time on this game ;)
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    GT-Rob wrote: »
    Picked it up on Sunday night, and played the single player right through. Didn't plan on it, but it was a story that you just can't stop! A little short, but it was like playing a movie. Worth every penny.

Multiplayer is as addictive as I thought it would be, I foresee a lot of wasted time on this game ;)

Agreed. Definitely worth every penny!
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I foresee a lot of wasted time on this game

It's not really wasted time if you're having fun, right? icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I can't play FPS on the console, and seeing how they crippled PC multiplayer I'll be (regretfully since I've loved every iteration of the series) be giving this one a miss.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I grew up playing multiplayer FPS on PC and never liked the idea of playing on consoles either, until I got comfortable with Modern Warfare (which was the first FPS I played on a console).

While the accuracy of PC controls simply can't be matched by a console controller, I've grown quite comfortable playing them on a console.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    /usr wrote: »
    I grew up playing multiplayer FPS on PC and never liked the idea of playing on consoles either, until I got comfortable with Modern Warfare (which was the first FPS I played on a console).

While the accuracy of PC controls simply can't be matched by a console controller, I've grown quite comfortable playing them on a console.

Yeah I used to be a hardcore FPS PC gamer since the original Rainbow Six and Unreal Tournament. FPS on consoles seemed odd but now I am comfortable with it.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    While the topic is still up...

I was shown this at work today and it's a freaking awsome knife throw.
    (no... this is not a rick roll or whatever it's called)

YouTube - Modern Warfare 2 - Amazing Knife Throw
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i picked it up for the 360. Ive only played on Live and its great, just like the first one was. i intend to play the single player mode over the weekend seen as though im supposed to be having an alcohol free weekend, after many many previous boozy weekends :D...somehow i cant see me being alcohol free haha :p
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Actually I'm waiting for Command & Conquer™ 4 Tiberian Twilight release sometime 2010??

In the year 2062, humanity found itself on the brink of extinction. Tiberium, the mysterious, alien crystalline structure that infested Earth for decades and caused years of relentless conflict between the Global Defense Initiative (GDI) and the Brotherhood of Nod, was close to rendering the planet uninhabitable. In the midst of this crisis, Kane, Nod's prophetic leader, emerged from seclusion to deliver GDI the message that he had developed a system that could control Tiberium and harness its power. But he could not build this "Tiberium Control Network" without GDI's cooperation. Thus, the two opposing factions—GDI and Nod—found themselves in a desperate and unlikely alliance to stop Tiberium from extinguishing mankind.

Game Info | Command & Conquer

I love the the command and Conquer series
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    I was never fond of the Tiberian Wars. I am more of a Red Alert fan myself. I picked up RA3 but never had time to play it. I still go back to Generals though, can't beat that one.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have no idea who, but somehow one of you in this thread convinced me to purchase this game.

To whomever that may be - you're a fat bastard.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    /usr wrote: »

The way I see it, I spend enough of my day hunched over a computer and will gladly take chilling on the couch over more of the same in lieu of more accurate controls. And by couch I mean bean bag. Cover in grease from buckets of fried chicken. Because I'm a fat bastard.