Options

On the real CCENT, what do I write on???

mikejj83mikejj83 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

As some of you may have seen me before on here I am fairly new. My question is on the real Cisco exams what do I write on to calculate the subnet problems? I have never taken a Cisco exam before. On Cisco's website it indicates something to the effect that I get an erasable board??

I have taken Comptia and Microsoft exams and was provided with a laminated sheet that I could write on but not definitely erase. Is this going to be the case with Cisco?

I've just never seen anyone in the testing facility where I go have an eraser.

Thank you!

Mike

Comments

• Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    When I took my CCENT at a prometric center I was given an erasable page to write on and an eraser. I wrote down my subnetting shortcuts on that before I started the timer.
  • Options
    jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
    mikejj83 wrote: »
    Hello,

As some of you may have seen me before on here I am fairly new. My question is on the real Cisco exams what do I write on to calculate the subnet problems? I have never taken a Cisco exam before. On Cisco's website it indicates something to the effect that I get an erasable board??

I have taken Comptia and Microsoft exams and was provided with a laminated sheet that I could write on but not definitely erase. Is this going to be the case with Cisco?

I've just never seen anyone in the testing facility where I go have an eraser.

Thank you!

Mike

Yes, you get an erasable board. But to pass you really need to be able to do it in your head. Just keep practicing.
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    jmc012 wrote: »
    Yes, you get an erasable board. But to pass you really need to be able to do it in your head. Just keep practicing.

correct, but what I did and many others do, is write out the subnet tables during the demo period. I know for me they worked not because I couldnt do the calculations but to reassure me under the pressure of the exam icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
    correct, but what I did and many others do, is write out the subnet tables during the demo period. I know for me they worked not because I couldnt do the calculations but to reassure me under the pressure of the exam icon_smile.gif

I did the same thing and never looked at them. icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    The pressure tends to make you forget sometimes especially if you are taking your very first certification test ever. I barely even used my board. The subnetting chart, I wasn't worried about writing one down. There was about two questions I did in binary in my head and on the chart just to make sure I was right. Keep practicing check out www.subnettingquestions.com you should be able to do them in 15 seconds and it is possible, trust me. Keep doing them over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and you get my point :) LOL
  • Options
    my last cisco exam (BSCI) I was the only person in the testing room so the proctor said I could have all (4) of the erasable sheets. I took them and during the demo period before the brain freeze totally took over I wrote down everything. It really helps and saves TIME during the test

icon_study.gif
    Go EVERTON

evertonfc-crest.gif