Options

C|EH study Material ??

sudharmasudharma Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I am planning to go for the C|EH certification. I am currently following the "The CEH Prep Guide" by Ronald L. Krutz & Russell Dean Vines 2007 edition.

Can somebody please guide me if i am on the right path or not ..... Or Please suggest me with the study guide that i can follow for the C|EH v6 certification.

Thanks
Sudharma.

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    sudharma wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am planning to go for the C|EH certification. I am currently following the "The CEH Prep Guide" by Ronald L. Krutz & Russell Dean Vines 2007 edition.

Can somebody please guide me if i am on the right path or not ..... Or Please suggest me with the study guide that i can follow for the C|EH v6 certification.

Thanks
    Sudharma.

Definitely find more material than just that. That is my best advice at the moment. I am sure others will comment as well.
  • Options
    coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is strange how the V6 has been out for almost a year and they barely have any material available for it in the market, you can't even find the official V6 guide at Amazon, where do you find it then? I have been looking for the V6 material as well, so far just the videos and that is about it.
  • Options
    unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    I took the C|EH V5 and it is my understanding the V6 has more "hands on tools' work. Any study material for V5 should be sufficient. In that regards I would highly recommend Exam Prep by Michael Gregg. Also, setting up your own lab, even if you run a few VMs, would be beneficial to see what N.M.A.P traffic looks like on the receiving end through Wireshark. Also, setup SNORT or at least read through the documentation.

Good luck.
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They didn't have much of update material because most of the world still running many old system that which will be more ideal for hacking.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn