Options

New Here! Allow Me To Introduce Myself!

I Can Repair PCsI Can Repair PCs Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello there! This is my very first post to TechExams.net! :D

I am not sure of a better forum to put this in, but if this is not the best place, then I am certain that one of the mods will move it to the right forum eventually. icon_wink.gif

I am a student in IT and have already recently trained for, taken and passed my CompTIA A+ exam and been certified. This is the only IT certification I have so far. There are no others, yet. icon_wink.gif The exam I took was not the updated 2009 version of A+, but the version that came right before that. My scores were pretty good actually: 820 (Essentials) and 825 (IT Technician) respectively. I am using formal schooling/training to learn all I can about IT, being a current student at the TechSkills Campus in Nashville, Tennessee.

I am now training to take my exam to get my Network+ Certification and I have to say that I am still on my first unit of training and I feel like Network+ is about 10 times harder to grasp than A+ was. I already know that the material covered in Network+ just barely scratches the surface of all there is to know about Networking, but I have really only learned a tiny bit of Network+ since I began training for it about 3 months ago. I really should be farther along in my knowledge of Network+ after 3 months than I am currently. I already have tons of questions about Network+ and there are likely tons more to come in the future! I going to need all the help and support I can get; hopefully asking questions on these forums will become and indispensable resource. :)

To be absolutely honest with everyone here I do have a condition known as Asperger Syndrome (AS), which I am certain there may be quite a few posters on these forums that are familiar with it. For those of you that aren't familiar with it, it is in fact a mild form of high-functioning autism. icon_wink.gif I was formally diagnosed when I was 27 and today I am 30. In fact, I got into and was able to pay for my education at TechSkills due to a generous government grant I received due to my "disability."

AS not only affects me at school, but also in my professional life as well. Given that information, I am allowed to move at my own pace at school (within reason) instead of having fixed organized study plan with scheduled classes. This is a good thing for me as it reduces a lot of stress in my life. In my professional life, I can do pretty much anything that is basic and doesn't require any sort of formal education, but due to having AS, there is only so many things I can do well. Well enough to please an employer that is enough to keep my job. Obviously, any job requires a lot of interaction with people, especially customers, may not be the best job for me, since the biggest drawback of having AS is rather poor to just so-so social skills.

Computers are pretty much my life, by the way. I got into them with my first computer (an Apple IIe) at the age of 11, and took to it like it was second nature to me, right from the start! :D Yes, this is my Aspie obsession, or special interest to say the least. And in the family, whenever someone is having trouble with their PC, they usually come to me first for help. Yes, I am the de facto geek in the family, although not the only one. icon_wink.gif

I do not actually have a job right now. I am unemployed for the time being. I am still searching for a decent tech job involving hands-on computer repair/upgrades or something similar--something would go well with A+. I live in a small town called Fairview in Tennessee, which is about 10 miles to the west of Nashville. If any other posters here just happen to live in my area and know of any good tech jobs nearby as great places to look, please let me know about them. I am generally looking in the Dickson, Nashville and Franklin/Brentwood areas respectively.

Well, that's all I have to say for right now. If anyone has any comments, questions, or suggestions feel free to post them here. I do look forward to your humble replies. :D

Cheers! icon_cheers.gif
I Can Repair PCs

UPDATE: PLEASE CLICK HERE!!!

Comments

• Options
    ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    Nice story and welcome to the website mate :)
  • Options
    L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    Welcome to the party.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome to TE!
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    welcome biatch!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    welcome aboard icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Welcome
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Wiki on AS: Difficulties with social interaction, along with restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests.

Your gonna fit right in here :)

Welcome
    Kam.
  • Options
    120nm4n120nm4n Member Posts: 116
    Welcome to the forums!

@Kaminsky: lol
    WIP: MCITP: EA
    70-620 - Done
    70-647 - In Progress
    70-649 - Soon.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome to TE!
  • Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
  • Options
    steve617steve617 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Welcome to TE. Its a great site.
    "The Piney Bluff Tech Guy"
    www.pbtechguy.com
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    Welcome to TechExams!

And as for your AS, you'll find a lot of people here that prefer contact with computers over people. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Welcome to the forums. As for AS, you'll find all kinds of people like that here. As well as BP, OCD, ADHD, all kinds of things that can either help or inhibit computer work.

PS. Since you mentioned the network+, i wanted to tell you that a company called testout recently made their practice exams free for a limited time (http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/48335-test-out-free-practice-exam.html). I did the network+ one for fun the other day :)
  • Options
    I Can Repair PCsI Can Repair PCs Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ah, thanks for all the wonderful welcoming comments, everyone! :D

Sorry I haven't posted here in awhile. I actually bought a new video game recently, The Sims 3 (and it's only expansion pack, World Adventures), and have been playing it excessively for the last week or so. LoL. Oh well, time to slow it down on The Sims now, schedule some time to play it from now on and focus more on school and in particular, my job search. icon_wink.gif

Speaking of video games, right now I am playing The Sims 2 and 3 and Second Life and nothing else. I haven't played anything, but these games for the past couple of years or so. I guess it's just another Aspie obsession of mine. icon_wink.gif I used to play tons of different Nintendo games 'n stuff like Mario Bros. and Zelda when I was a teenager, then I got out of gaming for several years and got right back into it in the last 2-3 years or so. Right now, I really prefer PC games and I have not touched any console games in quite a long time. Anyway, that is just a short history on that.

Well, I guess I better continue my study on Network+ after slacking off pretty bad for a week. LoL. Right now I am learning more about the OSI model. I will likely start another thread somewhere to post any questions I have about the OSI model. In the meantime, if anyone has any helpful tips and knowledge about the OSI model, feel free to go ahead and tell me about it. :)

Cheers! icon_cheers.gif
    I Can Repair PCs
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    Be sure to read through TE's Network+ TechNotes before you post any questions in the Network+ Forum. Lots of good information in both places. :)