Ccent - 902/1000

andrewmLandrewmL Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Greetings folks! My first post here and it'll be full of fun and excitement! I just got back from the Pearson Vue testing center with an unofficial score of 902/1000 on 640-822. I'm pretty pleased with that. I think I've been lurking here for almost a year now, lots of great minds on the site. More importantly, they're willing to share all that knowledge they've acquired.

My study material was pretty basic, consisting of the Cisco Press 640-822 study and exam certification guides. I'm in the IT field working for the Navy, currently filling tier 1 help desk duties. There have been times when I've been able to get a little hands on with some Cisco equipment and some knowledgeable people.

I've got a few toys waiting for me when I get home from deployment. I've put a decent starter lab together to continue with my studies. My plan is to head towards CCNA and CCNA Security/Voice. From there the path isn't really concrete yet. We'll just see where it takes me. In addition to studying for higher level Cisco certifications, I'll be shooting for a BS in Information Systems in the near future. Gotta love that Navy tuition assistance, 100% baby!

Looking forward to some more lurking and posting. Thanks guys!

The break down

Describe the operation of data networks - 100%
Implement a small switched network - 87%
Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network requirements for a small.. - 77%
Implement a small routed network - 87%
Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN - 100%
Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate those.. - 100%
Implement and verify WAN links - 50% (ouch..)

- Andrew

Comments

• KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Well done Andrew. Nice score.

Going with the security/voice rather than the ccnp might be a good idea with the ccnp changing dramatically in June 2010.
    Kam.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome to TE!!! CONGRATS on your pass. Good luck with your future studies...
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Welcome to the forums.

Nice score. icon_cheers.gif I wouldn't worry too much about the 50%, you may have had two questions and just missed one.

+1 on CCNA:V or CCNA:S as the next go. I'm waiting until the changes to start the CCNP myself. Although it's not easy but I have begun to get my lab in order for the professional certs!

Good luck and thank you for your service! bowing.gif
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrads.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass and welcome aboard!
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Welcome to the forums congrats on the pass :)
  • andrewmLandrewmL Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the kind words from everyone.

Going with the security/voice rather than the ccnp might be a good idea with the ccnp changing dramatically in June 2010.

Kaminsky and captobvious you're exactly right. I didn't think about it that way but I aggree that it's probably best to hold off. I'd also rather get some additional professional experience before too deep in CCNP. I'm trying to create a nice wide base of CCNA level knowledge to build on. I'd rather have CCNA:S/V than CCNP at this point.

I’m having a lot of fun with Cisco and the networking side of IT in general. Hopefully parallel to Cisco studies, I can get started on Microsoft’s track to get everything working together. I look forward to being a part of the forum and hope I can give back to community what I've gained from it.

- Andrew