Linux+ Beta

novovictusnovovictus Member Posts: 192
I failed icon_sad.gif did anyone else pass?
(I discovered this by compulsively checking my Windows 7 beta results on the prometric site)
Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella

Comments

• Met44Met44 Member Posts: 194
    The "result" field still just shows as "Tested" for me... guess they haven't gotten to everyone yet.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I like how CompTIA posted the nix+ results before the Server+ when the Server+ beta started about 3-4 months prior.

Oh well, congrats to everyone who gets a pass.
  • novovictusnovovictus Member Posts: 192
    ya, whats even better is that i took the windows 7 tests just over 1 month ago and already have the results....
    Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    VUE doesn't display results. I wonder how I am going to find out whether or not I passed the Server+ Beta. Any ideas?
    i am waiting on the server+, i think i did ok with that one.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Have you checked Prometric again just to be sure? It seems like you are the only person who has results... Maybe a glitch?
    lol nope. it says failed for linux+, i was the 1st to say passed for 7 also.
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Still "Tested". icon_cry.gif

When did you take the exam?
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    VUE doesn't have any results displaying on my end. Perhaps Prometric's results are just a glitch.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • disidisi Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    it would be nice if it where a glitch! I took my exam on Jul 11th.
    novovictus wrote: »
    it would be nice if it where a glitch! I took my exam on Jul 11th.

You are with Prometric, right? It just might be a glitch. For one reason to another, Prometric has even called some of the BETA testers to ask them if they had received a result when the exam was still being taken.
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • JaggedJagged Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I show passed for Linux+ on Prometric (Server+ and Project+ still Tested). Nothing on the CompTIA site, but it does say expect 10 days for results of all tests.
    Microsoft: MCSE 4, MCSE 2003 +Security, MSCA 2003 Messaging, MCITP:SA -- Cisco: CCNA
    Novell: CNE 3-6, CLA, CLP, CLE -- Nortel: NCDS, NCSS -- CompTIA: Project+, Server+, Linux+, Security+

Courses Completed at WGU:
    EWB2, BBC1, LAE1, WFV1, SSC1, CLC1, WDV1, MGC1, ORC1, INC1, IWC1
    Courses Required BS - IT: NETW:
    LAT1, LUT1, INT1, SST1, LET1, IWT1, BOV1, TWA1, CPW2
    Classes Transferred:
    BAC1, TEV1, TTV1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, TSV1, TPV1, TNV1, BRV1, ABV1, AHV1, AIV1, AJV1
    Ill check comptia also and see what that says, being that there are two of us now i doubt it is a glitch.
    No fluke here! FAIL straight from comptia!
    XK0-003Linux+ (2009 Edition) rc8dtt527c Fail20090711 2009-Jul-11 99991231 Never
    I am still listed as tested. I took my exam in August, though.
    novovictus wrote: »
    No fluke here! FAIL straight from comptia!
    XK0-003Linux+ (2009 Edition) rc8dtt527c Fail20090711 2009-Jul-11 99991231 Never
    I am really sorry to hear that. It is odd since they told us we would not see results until January. I wrote my exam on 29-Jul. So, if you wrote your's on 11-Jul, I might see my results in two or three weeks.
    matradley wrote: »
    I am really sorry to hear that. It is odd since they told us we would not see results until January. I wrote my exam on 29-Jul. So, if you wrote your's on 11-Jul, I might see my results in two or three weeks.
    I took mine on April 18, but still "Tested"!! icon_sad.gif
    MentholMoose
    I am curious as to how many people might have received their results. :)
  • joecontrerasjoecontreras Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am curious as to how many people might have received their results. :)
    Mine still shows as "Tested".

*Correction* I just checked again and got a "FAILED". I know I did really well on that test. I cross checked a huge portion of the questions that I wasn't sure of and the ones I could remember and was 100% sure I got most of them right. I wonder if it is a glitch or if they are all actual fails.

Anyone with a "PASSED" yet?
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I received a fail from Prometric and CompTIA. They may be posting the for-sure fails first, and will post the passed notices last.

I have seen state certification boards do that.

Good luck to everyone else!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
    Anyone with a "PASSED" yet?

Me, finally!!!!!!!! It only took 7 months. icon_lol.gif
    MentholMoose
  • UnixGeekUnixGeek Member Posts: 151
    Just logged into Prometric's site, and am seeing passed. :)
    It is only Prometric releasing results?
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For some reason I have no history when I log into prometric, even though I've taken multiple exams with them and I have a candidate ID. I phoned them and the woman informed me it was showing as failed for the Linux + beta.... icon_sad.gif
    For some reason I have no history when I log into prometric, even though I've taken multiple exams with them and I have a candidate ID. I phoned them and the woman informed me it was showing as failed for the Linux + beta.... icon_sad.gif

Geez... Prometic is on top of things.
    I passed. I am a little shocked by this.
    I passed. I am a little shocked by this.

Congrats. I hope I get similar results from VUE. :)
    Congrats. I hope I get similar results from VUE. :)

Thanks! Hope you hear good news soon for botht he L+ and Server+.
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Took mine at Prometric, got a fail. Oh well...

-Ken