Options

Linux+ Beta

Comments

• Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    I am starting to think only Prometric is releasing results. Anyone here use VUE?
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    I got an email asking me to confirm my address for my certificate I was like nice to informed I passed lol :D
  • Options
    shednik wrote: »
    I got an email asking me to confirm my address for my certificate I was like nice to informed I passed lol :D

That's a nice way of finding out. XD Let me guess, Prometric too?
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    Met44Met44 Member Posts: 194
    Just checked the prometric site again this afternoon and learned that I passed. I was in with the last bunch of people to take it (tested 1 Sept 09) so it would seem like they are wrapping up with the scoring...
  • Options
    Met44 wrote: »
    Just checked the prometric site again this afternoon and learned that I passed. I was in with the last bunch of people to take it (tested 1 Sept 09) so it would seem like they are wrapping up with the scoring...

Congrats! Now only if PearsonVUE would release results.
  • Options
    disidisi Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hehe, so I got the results...

passed the Linux+ on: 9-Jan-2009 1:15 PM
    passed the Linux+ beta on: 22-Jul-2009 12:30 PM
    icon_cheers.gif

OK, this wasn't probably fair icon_rolleyes.gif just 6 month in between.
  • Options
    Congrats! :)

On another note, I e-mailed CompTIA to ask about PearsonVUE results. It almost seems that the lady who gave us the vouchers did not know the results were being released via Prometric by the reaction of her read receipt. XD
  • Options
    My understanding was that only a certain number of people that passed were actually going to receive the certificate (the first 50?), so that might be part of the reason for her reaction.

Does anyone else remember reading something like that?
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Met44 wrote: »
    My understanding was that only a certain number of people that passed were actually going to receive the certificate (the first 50?), so that might be part of the reason for her reaction.

Does anyone else remember reading something like that?

This cannot be correct as I was in the very, very last batch of people who received voucher codes and I took the exam within a week and 1/2 of the final date. I believe the cut off amount was 400. But even then I doubt that they would list anyone as failed who had passed it, even if they did not receive the certification because they fell outside the cut off.
  • Options
    Looking through my old e-mails, it looks like you are right about the 400. The "50" was that they said they needed 50 more people to take the exam, and had nothing to do with how many certs they were handing out. Just misremembered that part.
  • Options
    Hi everyone, seems like there's been a mistake. Please read the e-mail direct from CompTIA:

"(Me), the people who received the notice received it in error. The notice was released inadvertently and those people will shortly receive an email from CompTIA.

Exam development activities are not quite final. Please be patient just a bit longer. Thank you."

Carol Balkcom
    Product Development Manager, Skills Certification
    CompTIA Project+ Certified

630-678-8433

1815 S. Meyers Road - Suite 300

Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
    cbalkcom@comptia.org

Get certified - Get the work
    Certifications & Exams
  • Options
    novovictusnovovictus Member Posts: 192
    Sweet, maybe my second shot!
    Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella
  • Options
    disidisi Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Buhu icon_cry.gif
    Dear Linux+ beta candidate:
    If you participated in the CompTIA Linux+ beta exam you may have received an email with notice of pass/fail along with instructions to confirm your mailing address in CompTIA’s CareerID system. As the final exam and scoring checks have yet to be completed, we ask that you disregard this request.
    At the appropriate time you will be notified by your testing provider (Prometric or VUE), and given your score report and instructions on how to obtain your certificate. We apologize for your inconvenience, and appreciate your patience while we complete exam development activities for the CompTIA Linux+ Certification Exam.

CompTIA Linux+ Team
  • Options
    I guess we really will not be seeing results until February.
  • Options
    I personally have lost a lot of respect and confidence in CompTIA after this stunt. Prometric lists I passed the exam and it's listed under my certifications in my CompTIA account but yet the scores haven't been finalized??
  • Options
    I personally have lost a lot of respect and confidence in CompTIA after this stunt. Prometric lists I passed the exam and it's listed under my certifications in my CompTIA account but yet the scores haven't been finalized??

I think you will probably will remain "passed." I think some of the others that were told they "fail" might get a second chance. However, I would not count on seeing a certificate in your mailbox until February.
  • Options
    novovictusnovovictus Member Posts: 192
    i think it is more a prometric thing jumping the gun. i have yet to have any contact from comptia/prometric about linux+.
    Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Wow yours is listed on CompTIA? Mine is listed on Prometric, but the only thing in my CompTIA account is Linux+ 2004. icon_sad.gif
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    I know that this topic has gone cold. However, anyone want to have bets on when the results might become available? I am thinking late January.
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got an email from Comptia indicating that the results are not final and were sent out by mistake. Looks like we will have to be patient and see what happens.....
  • Options
    matradley wrote: »
    I know that this topic has gone cold. However, anyone want to have bets on when the results might become available? I am thinking late January.
    I was told January by a CompTIA employee (the person who sent the voucher code to me).
    MentholMoose
  • Options
    I was told January by a CompTIA employee (the person who sent the voucher code to me).

I received the same info from CompTIA. I was just thinking about how late in January we might receive the news.
  • Options
    matradley wrote: »
    I received the same info from CompTIA. I was just thinking about how late in January we might receive the news.
    In that case, considering that it's already taken forever to get the results, I'll also say late January. icon_cry.gif
    MentholMoose
  • Options
    novovictus wrote: »
    i think it is more a prometric thing jumping the gun. i have yet to have any contact from comptia/prometric about linux+.

I don't believe prometric could have jumped the gun unless Comptia messed up first by sending them incorrect data.

I think this really is poorly done on Comptia's part. First they had the issues with their system being down for months and now this... I will certainly have to strongly consider any certifications I may wish to get with them in the future.
  • Options
    I don't believe prometric could have jumped the gun unless Comptia messed up first by sending them incorrect data.

I think this really is poorly done on Comptia's part. First they had the issues with their system being down for months and now this... I will certainly have to strongly consider any certifications I may wish to get with them in the future.

My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    I am sort of curious why it takes about half of a year to produce a new exam. I can understand a couple of months, but 6 months?
  • Options
    I do not like to double post, but this is worth an extra post. PearsonVUE released the Linux+ results it seems (I passed). I am not sure if they are valid, but is nice to see. lol
  • Options
    I will not believe my results 100% until I see it on the CompTIA site. SO far I have only my Sec+ listed there.
  • Options
    I will not believe my results 100% until I see it on the CompTIA site. SO far I have only my Sec+ listed there.

You never know what is going on. They could be releasing some valid results now as we head towards January. I think that those who have "passed" will probably remain passed. Those who failed might have a redeeming chance. Odds are the results must be near valid now as PearsonVUE does not release results early like Prometric.
  • Options
    darrensmitsdarrensmits Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi..
    I am still waiting for my result... lets hope for the best...