CCIE Voice or CCIE Wireless

minimaxminimax Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I want to Pursue either CCIE Voice or CCIE Wireless. I am more keen to pursue Wireless but don't know if there is a demand for it like Voice.

I would like to know your thoughts and views please, thanks.

Comments

• RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wireless is a relatively new track and hasn't gained a ton of momentum yet. I think the last count for worldwide for CCIE Wireless individuals was 14? Voice will always be in demand as will wireless; which will probably increase more than any of the others.

Personally, I'm on the wireless track since voice doesn't interest me in the slightest.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    minimax wrote: »
    Hi,

I want to Pursue either CCIE Voice or CCIE Wireless. I am more keen to pursue Wireless but don't know if there is a demand for it like Voice.

I would like to know your thoughts and views please, thanks.

Have you considered the CWNE? Just a thought. :)
  • minimaxminimax Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Have you considered the CWNE? Just a thought. :)

I thought about it but where I Live, there is no value for CWNP Certs. Companies here would prefer guys with Cisco Wireless Certs over guys with CWNP Certs.

My CWSP is going to expire next year in February and I don't think I will renew it. There is no point and I will just waste money and time for nothing in return.

CISSP is also an option for me. The problem with CCIE Wireless is that, I don't know how to prepare for it. not enough resources, no online racks, and no materials from IPX, INE or CCbootcamp
    RTmarc wrote: »
    Wireless is a relatively new track and hasn't gained a ton of momentum yet. I think the last count for worldwide for CCIE Wireless individuals was 14? Voice will always be in demand as will wireless; which will probably increase more than any of the others.

Personally, I'm on the wireless track since voice doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Me too, I love Wireless more than Voice but I don't want to choose wireless and then later regret my choice.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    minimax wrote: »
    The problem with CCIE Wireless is that, I don't know how to prepare for it. not enough resources, no online racks, and no materials from IPX, INE or CCbootcamp
    I think you identified the problem with going for the Cisco Wireless Certifications (CCNP & CCIE) right now. The cost of equipment (for a home lab) could also be another factor if you're not currently working in a wireless environment with Cisco wireless hardware or a Cisco Business Partner.

I'd say go for the Voice CCIE now and hope for more than just the Cisco Documentation being available for Wireless when you finish that.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikej412 wrote: »
    I think you identified the problem with going for the Cisco Wireless Certifications (CCNP & CCIE) right now. The cost of equipment (for a home lab) could also be another factor if you're not currently working in a wireless environment with Cisco wireless hardware or a Cisco Business Partner.

I'd say go for the Voice CCIE now and hope for more than just the Cisco Documentation being available for Wireless when you finish that.

I guess you are right. Last Sunday, the proctor told me that most of the people (if not all) who passed the CCIE Wireless lab are from TAC.