Options

Easy Question...

94jedi94jedi Member Posts: 177
Ok, now that I've lured you in lol...(actually, I'm sure it's an easy answer)

My company is contemplating blocking (removing) Solitare and other built in games from users pc's (all XP pro). I know how to do this already but what I don't know how to do is how to view if specific users have been playing solitare on their pc's. There are more than a few users that have brought up the potential need for this change. Whether or not I agree w/ the action is irrelevant (I believe users will find a way to goof off, regardless). I always thought this data could be viewed in the event viewer under system but I haven't been able to find this data. Any ideas on how to view it? Or do I need to enable some kind of auditing first?
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

Comments

• Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Just set a software restriction policy in a GPO based on md5 of the solitaire exe.

Done.
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    94jedi94jedi Member Posts: 177
    HeroPsycho wrote: »
    Just set a software restriction policy in a GPO based on md5 of the solitaire exe.

Done.

I know that, what I'm wondering is how to see if users are abusing solitare.
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!
  • Options
    steve617steve617 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I know the company I worked for is very big on training on changes. Also good to have some type of comany policy against playing games or internet what ever the abuse is and have them read it and sign a form. At least it would be documented and they may or may not think twice on futher abuse. Of course if their access is taken away that takes care of the problem. I know this is not what you asked for but it may be an additional option.
    "The Piney Bluff Tech Guy"
    www.pbtechguy.com