Taking 640-822 ICND1 tomorrow...first timer

p3t3rt0shp3t3rt0sh Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all.

Taking the 640-822 ICND1, my first ever Cisco exam, tomorrow.

Any last minute tips or advice on ways to save time on the test would be highly appreciated! Just any advice or techniques that might have helped you, if you are willing to share...

Thanks to all of you for your knowlege and willingness to help! This forum has been such a great resource.

Comments

• thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Learn your subnetting in your head.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Time Management. Don't spend more than 10 minutes on a SIM -- if you've done sufficient lab practice they should be easy. If you can't finish it in less than 10 minutes, hope that it's an ungraded beta question and move on.

Make sure you read the question, all the answers, and then read the question again. If you misread the question the first time you may pick the "right answer" to the "wrong question."

Hopefully you can do subnetting quickly and easily -- but use the time before the exam (during the exam demo & NDA part) to jot down your "emergency backup subnetting **** sheet" on your erasable dry erase note sheet. If you suffer "brain freeze" it's nice to have -- and if you have it, you probably then won't have "brain freeze" -- so it's a win-win.

The links to the Exam Demo and Cisco NDA are in the forum CCNA FAQ (sticky at the top of the forum). If you look at them tonight, you have that time to relax, jot down your notes -- or get to the exam that much sooner.

Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Time Management. Don't spend more than 10 minutes on a SIM -- if you've done sufficient lab practice they should be easy. If you can't finish it in less than 10 minutes, hope that it's an ungraded beta question and move on.

Make sure you read the question, all the answers, and then read the question again. If you misread the question the first time you may pick the "right answer" to the "wrong question."

Hopefully you can do subnetting quickly and easily -- but use the time before the exam (during the exam demo & NDA part) to jot down your "emergency backup subnetting **** sheet" on your erasable dry erase note sheet. If you suffer "brain freeze" it's nice to have -- and if you have it, you probably then won't have "brain freeze" -- so it's a win-win.

The links to the Exam Demo and Cisco NDA are in the forum CCNA FAQ (sticky at the top of the forum). If you look at them tonight, you have that time to relax, jot down your notes -- or get to the exam that much sooner.

Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif

I highly recommend Mike's advice. I used it when I took my CCNA and it definitely helped. I would review subnetting, have it down in your head, no DOUBT.

subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online do some practicing and good look.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Also try to get a good nights sleep, so you are sharp for the test
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Get a good nights sleep, eat a light breakfast, and take a massive deuce before you leave. Then use the bathroom again right before you take the test.
  • p3t3rt0shp3t3rt0sh Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks to all for the advice!

Pass - 972 of 1000

I think I need a horse tranquilizer to stop shaking.

Amazing how fast the time flies by...truly horrifying actually.

On to ICND2 now.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    p3t3rt0sh wrote: »
    Pass
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    p3t3rt0sh wrote: »
    I think I need a horse tranquilizer to stop shaking.
    Oops -- I guess we forgot to remind you stock up on beer/favorite beverage. The post-test Celebration drunken_smilie.gif is usually the cure for post-traumatic test syndrome.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!! Enjoy your Turkey Day weekend (if you're in the US) and get right back to ICND2 while the material is fresh. icon_study.gif
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Congrats
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on a great score
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
    Don't feel bad, I felt the same way when I took the 640-802 one exam option. I couldn't stop shaking and I was never so nervous in my entire life lol. I thought after taking the CCNA that I wouldn't be nervous when I went to do my CCNP tests. My first is December 3rd, 2009, and I can tell you that I think I'm more nervous than on my CCNA. LOL.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Dude, someone negative rep'd me just for suggesting to take a deuce before going to the test center... how sad is that. I was being serious too icon_sad.gif
    LMAO I have to say that is pretty funny.
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    phoeneous wrote: »
    Dude, someone negative rep'd me just for suggesting to take a deuce before going to the test center... how sad is that. I was being serious too icon_sad.gif

Haha, "Deuce this". Yeah, there's a few immature types around. Anonymity makes us all tough guys, huh? icon_smile.gif