iphone study app

ronzillaronzilla Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
Has anyone tried the study aides that are available as iPhone apps? I mean this would be great for my work commute, but I didn't see any reviews for them so I am hesitant to shell out 20 dollars. They have many for the microsoft certs which is what I was looking into.

Comments

• goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    I am currently using gFlash+. I believe I got it free. I have to make my own flashcards but it seems to work pretty well. In fact it works well enough that I will most likely pay the 4.99 for the Pro version. It isn't fancy and I have to create the flashcards (single answer, multiple choice, sound, and graphics are possible) but it seems to be working for me. Mine are simple but I like that I can pull it up at anytime I have a few minutes to go over them.

I am interested to see what you find
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • ronzillaronzilla Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is what I found...still debating the purchase:

MODERATED LINK

• L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    I installed a CCNA:SEC app to study on my Iphone. It's ok. It's more of a practice test thing. The interface was a bit tricky to use at times. I think it was worth the $5 I paid for it though.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    ronzilla wrote: »
    This is what I found...still debating the purchase:
    MODERATED LINK

Sounds interesting, but are any of these legit?
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Looking at the vendor, they repackage books out of copyright that are already available free on the Internet (Google Books, etc) and SELL them.

Since they say they are "Latest and Real Q&A" I'd guess they are packaging up **** and selling them to iPhone users..... hum, excuse me while I shift to Moderator Mode and edit out that link.....
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    There are a couple of different Cisco iPhone/iPod apps -- one by Pearson and one by a Cisco Learning Partner. Those are legitimate.

I use gFlashPro and it's one of the reasons I finally started using my Google Account and Google Docs -- was really easy to take all my old notes and upload to Google Docs and download into gFlashPro.

I also have iFlipr and use some of the decks that others made available -- but some people like to upload their **** there so they can pretend they're really studying (rather than cheating).

I also have a bunch of my notes, videos, pdfs, and **** sheets uploaded to the iFiles app. There is also the iFile app which may be an iFiles knockoff, but I think the PDF support is a tad better in that one -- so I keep my Cisco Reference PDFs stored there away from my CCIE Study stuff.

And I have the Networkers (Cisco Live) PDFs loaded into yet another standalone PDF app icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mattrgeemattrgee Member Posts: 201
    Have you guys tried Anki?

Anki - friendly, intelligent flashcards

Its a flash card program available for every major platform including the iPhone. I recently created flash cards for my CCNA notes and will also use it when I come to revise for the CCNP at the end of the year. Its perfect for revising at lunch, or while commuting to work.

'Decks' of flashcards can be uploaded and made public allowing others to revise from your cards. With some community support, Anki and Cisco related material could prove a great resource.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I had no idea there was an app for Anki. I was taken back by the $24.99 price tag, but it's definitely going to be worth it. I love the PC app, so it was an easy decision. I picked up gFlashPro too as well. Thanks for the recommendations guys.
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I use Mental Case. Works pretty well i can create my own flash cards and download ones others made
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have seen several comptia study apps on the palm pre. I think I'm going to buy the security+ one when I start studying. $9.99 is pretty good for a study material, even if it isn't the best.
    Decide what to be and go be it.