2 weeks to go...

Geetar28Geetar28 Member Posts: 101
I'd like some input on preparedness...I will be taking the CCENT in 2 weeks and I've been CRAMMING CRAMMING CRAMMING.icon_study.gif I feel real solid about subnetting (all thanks to the subnetting made easy post in this forum).

I feel pretty good about most other topics, but I have been taking a few different exam sims (i.e. the ones that come with the trainsignal cds and the Boson ones that come with the Odom books) and have been passing them fine esp the trainsignal quizzes...I guess my question is I'm kinda worried that at this point I have the questions memorized and need fresher material..I was contemplating getting another exam sim i.e. MeasureUp or something ... but man the funds are really tight...any suggestions?

SubnettingQuestions.com
is awesome is there anything similar for random questions?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Geetar28 wrote: »
    I'd like some input on preparedness...I will be taking the CCENT in 2 weeks and I've been CRAMMING CRAMMING CRAMMING.icon_study.gif I feel real solid about subnetting (all thanks to the subnetting made easy post in this forum).

I feel pretty good about most other topics, but I have been taking a few different exam sims (i.e. the ones that come with the trainsignal cds and the Boson ones that come with the Odom books) and have been passing them fine esp the trainsignal quizzes...I guess my question is I'm kinda worried that at this point I have the questions memorized and need fresher material..I was contemplating getting another exam sim i.e. MeasureUp or something ... but man the funds are really tight...any suggestions?

SubnettingQuestions.com
    is awesome is there anything similar for random questions?

Thanks in advance

When I feel that way I take two days off to relax and allow my mind to digest everything I crammed into it. Then I slowly get back into it. I also try reading up on areas I feel weak on from multiple different sources like Wikipedia. Just my thoughts! Good luck with the CCENT test and please let us know about your experience. I am hoping to take the test sometime next Spring.
  • mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    If you are doing well on the Boson stuff then I would leave them alone for now and concentrate on some book work stuff. Personally I hit the questions about half way through my studies then again two days before the exam, they really sharpen you up.

I have found a lot of questions are from different providers are very similar so there maybe little benefit in buying more. Also the quality of some of them are quite poor - wrong answers etc.

There are plenty of questions posted on the web, google finds loads but again beware of the quality, it gave me a good feeling when I disagreed with their answers and could back it up with the Odoms book.
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • Geetar28Geetar28 Member Posts: 101
    Thanks for the input. It's crazy how nervous I'm starting to get over this test...ha ha ha. I need to try to get into the mind-frame that if I don't pass the thing I can take it again. (I would REALLY hate that though) I would rather kick it in the butt...not that confident about it though, and if I wait to get that sure about it I would never end up taking the test.icon_lol.gif