Options

How to quit your job, the Mac developer way

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□

Comments

• Options
    exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good one :)
    You got a BSOD for when a Microsoft employee quits?
  • Options
    SepiraphSepiraph Member Posts: 179 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It is actually extremely easy to create that app within the cocoa framework (order of a few minutes or less), but I got to give the guy some creativity point.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I don't think it's the lack of difficulty for which the guy should be regarded, I would say it's more for having the balls to put something like that into production code on your employer's system.

I personally think the individual was an idiot. I do not care how mistreated you believe you are. You do not put code like this into production systems. If there were any sort of issue with the system after this, it will be blamed on that guy.

That's of course assuming this isn't a prank. I've seen far too many Java and Windows based apps like this whose only real intention were to get into Win IT Pro or published on Fail Blog or whatever.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I personally think the individual was an idiot. I do not care how mistreated you believe you are. You do not put code like this into production systems. If there were any sort of issue with the system after this, it will be blamed on that guy.

That is what I was thinking... If this actually happened it was idiotic.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I don't think it's the lack of difficulty for which the guy should be regarded, I would say it's more for having the balls to put something like that into production code on your employer's system.
    I don't think it is actually in production code. At least I hope it isn't. The article mentions that the author made a custom Mac OS X app.
    Even without the possiblity of getting in trouble, it isn't a good idea to burn bridges. Be professional. Whilst you may never work again at that company or for that person, you may find out that your new boss is the best friend of your old boss.
    That's of course assuming this isn't a prank. I've seen far too many Java and Windows based apps like this whose only real intention were to get into Win IT Pro or published on Fail Blog or whatever.
    Same. There seems to be an excessive number of doctored screenshots or fake apps on those sites.