Passed BCMSN

Element926Element926 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
Woohoo, passed BCMSN after 3 months of intense study.

Materials used:
CBT Nuggets (most valuable)
Cisco Network Academy Course v5

I didn't have access to any L3 switches, but I did have plenty of other L2 equipment so I was able to work on everything except CEF. Luckily that was the easy stuff. I was really surprised to see at least 5 routing questions (had nothing to do with switching at all). Maybe they were not scored?

Anyways onto the ISCW anyone have any tips for it?

Comments

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on your pass!!! Good luck with your ISCW icon_study.gif
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Enjoy your Celebration drunken_smilie.gif Maybe even get a turkey and pies and invite friends an family over to help you celebrate!! drunken_smilie.gif And maybe even take some time off from ISCW studies icon_study.gif and watch some football! drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Element926Element926 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yep, taking my week break :)
  • eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
    Element926 wrote: »
    Materials used:
    CBT Nuggets (most valuable)
    Cisco Network Academy Course v5

CONGRATS on your pass!!! icon_cheers.gif

Any comments about the Cisco Network Academy Course?, this will be enough or you need to buy the ciscopress book?

Please can you let me know?.

Thanks in advance. icon_thumright.gif
  • Element926Element926 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I actually purchased the entire Cisco Press CCNP series but shortly after reading a few chapters of the BSCI I sold it on Amazon. I found the book to be extremely dry, unorganized and information overload.

However the curriculum v5 organizes it very logically, and it lines up with CBT Nuggets. So for example STP if I was confused about something after I read the chapter I watched the corresponding videos and it filled in the gaps.

My suggestion try the curriculum and CBT Nuggets. And scrap the Cisco Press books & Save $100.
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Congrats on the pass! I take mine December 3 :0
  • eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
    Element926 wrote: »
    I actually purchased the entire Cisco Press CCNP series but shortly after reading a few chapters of the BSCI I sold it on Amazon. I found the book to be extremely dry, unorganized and information overload.

However the curriculum v5 organizes it very logically, and it lines up with CBT Nuggets. So for example STP if I was confused about something after I read the chapter I watched the corresponding videos and it filled in the gaps.

My suggestion try the curriculum and CBT Nuggets. And scrap the Cisco Press books & Save $100.

Hi Element926,

Thanks for replay me back, i'll give a try.

Good luck with your ISCW. icon_thumright.gif
  • ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    Congrats man.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • iprouteiproute Member Posts: 269
    Congrats :)
    CCNP Progress
    ROUTE [X] :: SWITCH [X] :: TSHOOT [X]
  • icon_wink.gif Taking a week off - come on man don't fall off the wagon keep going.

Congratulations bowing.gif
    Go EVERTON

evertonfc-crest.gif