Options

did not pass 70-621! Be aware!

sixfeetdeepsixfeetdeep Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
I took the 70-621 exam today and did not pass. I was totally unprepared for the (2) sections. The first section was 22 questions long and covered Pro: Enterprise. The second section was 32 questions long and covered TS: Configuring Windows Vista Client. I passed the second section since this is the jist of what I studied using the MS Press 70-620 book and Transcenders. The first section I did horrible on since it was not covered in what I studied and no mention of it on the forum. There must be a second book out there I should study?

So now where do I go? I wanted to expand my MSDST. Is there a Windows 7 path? Should I retake and then move on to Windows 7?

Dissappointed and saddened by my results... b icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry about you not passing. This is an upgrade exam for MCDST did you mean to take this exam or the 70-620 which is just the configuration.

Skills Being MeasuredThis exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below.The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. Installing Windows Vista
    • Identify requirements
    • Upgrade from earlier version of Windows
    • Deploy from a custom image
    • Troubleshoot installation issues
    Configuring and troubleshooting post-installation system settings
    • Troubleshoot post-installation configuration issues
    • Configure and troubleshoot Windows Aero
    • Configure and troubleshoot parental controls
    • Configure Windows Internet Explorer
    • Restore user state
    Managing Windows Vista security
    • Configure and troubleshoot User Account Control
    • Configure and troubleshoot Windows Defender
    • Configure Dynamic Security for Internet Explorer 7
    • Configure BitLocker
    • Troubleshoot security configuration issues
    • Configure security settings in Windows Firewall
    • Troubleshoot authentication issues
    Configuring and troubleshooting networking
    • Configure and troubleshoot network protocols and services
    • Configure and troubleshoot remote access
    • Troubleshoot connectivity issues
    • Configuring and troubleshooting wireless networking
    • Configure network security
    • Troubleshoot access to network resources
    • Use the Network and Sharing Center to configure networking
    Configuring and troubleshooting applications included with Windows Vista
    • Configure and troubleshoot media applications
    • Configure Windows Mail
    • Configure Windows Meeting Space
    • Configure Windows Calendar
    • Configure Windows Fax and Scan
    • Configure Windows Sidebar
    Managing and maintaining systems that are running Windows Vista
    • Troubleshoot policy settings
    • Configure and manage the Task Scheduler
    • Configure and troubleshoot Event Forwarding
    • Troubleshoot performance and reliability issues
    • Apply and troubleshoot updates
    • Configure data protection
    Configuring and troubleshooting mobile computing
    • Configure mobile display settings
    • Configure mobile devices
    • Configure Tablet PC software
    • Configure power options
    The best thing you can do is look over the list see what you need to study.
    Try it again

Best of Luck
    Free Reading : History Books
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    There is not very much on 621. Half the test covers 620 and half covers 622. you did not look into the 622 material as you can see from the post above. If you like videos CBT Nuggets has a video specifically covering 621.

Sorry that you did not have the whole story on upgrade exams.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I took the 70-621 exam today and did not pass. I was totally unprepared for the (2) sections. The first section was 22 questions long and covered Pro: Enterprise. The second section was 32 questions long and covered TS: Configuring Windows Vista Client. I passed the second section since this is the jist of what I studied using the MS Press 70-620 book and Transcenders. The first section I did horrible on since it was not covered in what I studied and no mention of it on the forum. There must be a second book out there I should study?

So now where do I go? I wanted to expand my MSDST. Is there a Windows 7 path? Should I retake and then move on to Windows 7?

Dissappointed and saddened by my results... b icon_sad.gif

Thats a pisser that the book and a transcender didn't cover the areas in the first section. Is that right? So far as Im concerned these sorts of tests should be very passable. A candidate that buys an appropriate book and a ligitimate practice test and puts the time in with both should be passing these tests, which should only determine that the candidate has understood the core material and concepts. The rest you harden in the field. It's disappointing and unacceptable when books and practice tests are not up to par.
  • Options
    gocubsgocubs Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    He said that he had read the MS 620 and transcender but the exam is on both the 620 and 622 smushed into one, I didnt think it was that bad of an exam just had a little of each and they seemed fair but if you hadnt studied the 622 I'm sure you were in for a shock. Just grab the 622 book or read some of the stuff on here about it and redo it and I'm sure you'll be fine. If you understand the practical working on Vista part like you do on XP that's all that's asked really.
    So Far: A+, MCDST, MCITP:Vista Supporting

2010 Plans: MCSE:M+S and CCNA

Studying: AAS in Networking and Security
  • Options
    gocubs wrote: »
    He said that he had read the MS 620 and transcender but the exam is on both the 620 and 622 smushed into one, I didnt think it was that bad of an exam just had a little of each and they seemed fair but if you hadnt studied the 622 I'm sure you were in for a shock. Just grab the 622 book or read some of the stuff on here about it and redo it and I'm sure you'll be fine. If you understand the practical working on Vista part like you do on XP that's all that's asked really.

I see. Is there a book for 622?
  • Options
    PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Turgon wrote: »
    I see. Is there a book for 622?
    several

Amazon.com: 70-622: Books

It does suck to fail, but in all honesty, a clear understanding of what the 70-621 exam was (upgrade for MCDST, 620 and 622) and the topics being tested would have saved this headache
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • Options
    Piers wrote: »
    several

Amazon.com: 70-622: Books

It does suck to fail, but in all honesty, a clear understanding of what the 70-621 exam was (upgrade for MCDST, 620 and 622) and the topics being tested would have saved this headache

Couldn't agree more. Read the correct books.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    This may sound weird, but i think 70-622 was one of the more difficult MS tests ive taken.

Then again, I prepared next to nothing for it.