Options

Passed the 70-290

triple Jtriple J Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Sat for the 70-290 test yesterday. When I hit end test I thought for sure I failed it, but I somehow passed with a 811. The questions were very ambiguous even for a Microsoft test. Another thing I noticed were quite a few interactive questions. They give you a dialog box or a security properties sheet and have you fill it out to match the requirements. If you've purchased a book with the evaluation copy of Server 2003, installed it, and tried to use every mmc snap-in and feature you should be alright.

Don't gloss over IIS, study it. The questions will go more in-depth then just how to add it to your server. Look at MS technotes and anything else on IIS 6.

Just be very careful when reading the questions and the answers.

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!

And thanx for the feedback.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good Job and Congratulations on the pass
  • Options
    ronorono Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

Could you tell us which study guides and test preparation have you use,if any?:)

How long have you've been working with Server 2003 or any previous experience with server versions?

thank you!
    Mess with the best,Die like the rest!
  • Options
    triple Jtriple J Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used a Thompson Course Technology book for all the information. I then use http://www.getcertify4less.com to get a voucher and a practice test from transcender or self test software. For $150-180 you get both so you can't beat it. I study the book to make sure I understand all the objectives then use the tests to cram before the test.

As far as server experience I have none. I just used the eval copy with the book and built a small home domain.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    johanan wrote:

Don't gloss over IIS, study it. The questions will go more in-depth then just how to add it to your server. Look at MS technotes and anything else on IIS 6.

I'm taking the test shortly...IIS is used by me everyday & its surely something you have to work with to really understand why you use it & how to use it..Congrats...