pay to get hired

ironman682ironman682 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was little shocked when I got a call by a staffing company about an interview for a cisco job. I arrived and did not spend more than 10minutes in there.

This man ask me what I was looking for in the job field, location and what am expecting to make as a starter in cisco field. He then guaranteed to help rewrite my resume and that he will do the job search, make sure .it gets to the big boss no middle man. He knows what they expect in resume etc but I have to pay $595 with a deposit of $295.

Wow am I the only one or there others facing this issue by paying to prepare resume and getting you the right contacts to get the job (WHOM U KNOW)

Comments

  • maumercadomaumercado Member Posts: 163
    Sounds like a scam... be carefull...
  • qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    maumercado wrote: »
    Sounds like a scam... be carefull...

    thats exactly what I was thinking
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875
    Sounds very scamish, in fact, based on the little bit of information you've given us several laws could have been broken.

    The first that comes to mind is the business opportunity law in Texas.

    I'm assuming that because your profile indicates that you're in Fort Worth that this happened in Texas.

    Here's the link to the Texas AG's site. There you'll also find links to the BBB and other consumer protection agencies.

    Texas Attorney General

    If how you've described this situation is accurate (and I have no reason to doubt you) then I'd say that the AG at least needs to be made aware of this group and their tactics.

    MS
  • ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    eMeS wrote: »
    Sounds very scamish, in fact, based on the little bit of information you've given us several laws could have been broken.

    The first that comes to mind is the business opportunity law in Texas.

    I'm assuming that because your profile indicates that you're in Fort Worth that this happened in Texas.

    Here's the link to the Texas AG's site. There you'll also find links to the BBB and other consumer protection agencies.

    Texas Attorney General

    If how you've described this situation is accurate (and I have no reason to doubt you) then I'd say that the AG at least needs to be made aware of this group and their tactics.

    MS
    I second that motion.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ironman682 wrote: »
    I was little shocked when I got a call by a staffing company about an interview for a cisco job. I arrived and did not spend more than 10minutes in there.

    This man ask me what I was looking for in the job field, location and what am expecting to make as a starter in cisco field. He then guaranteed to help rewrite my resume and that he will do the job search, make sure .it gets to the big boss no middle man. He knows what they expect in resume etc but I have to pay $595 with a deposit of $295.

    Wow am I the only one or there others facing this issue by paying to prepare resume and getting you the right contacts to get the job (WHOM U KNOW)

    Sheisters. You might use paid services to help you land a senior executive post but not for most IT roles. Avoid and keep your money.
  • BigTex71BigTex71 Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ironman, you might call and speak to someone with a certain recruiting firm in North Richland Hills. I used them to get a contract which led to my current permanent position (in the same building as that recruiting firm no less.) PM me to get the info, as the board censors the name. I was impressed with how they work compared to most recruiting firms I have used/seen/heard about. They work with Verizon, Alcon, and many other big companies in the area to provide contract work which usually leads to permanent positions. Almost all the big companies around here in Ft Worth/Dallas use a contractor first as a buffer to ensure you would make a good permanent employee.

    You should NEVER have to pay to get an interview. The OP has scam written all over it. I would report them to the BBB.

    Also, I noticed that you attended TechSkills... so did I- the Ft Worth campus from March - November 2008. I might know you. :)
    A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCSE | CCNA

    Currently working towards MCITP: Enterprise Admin

    Current Title: Network Administrator

    Actual Job Functions: Network / Server / System Administrator, Tier-3 Help Desk, Jr. Project Manager, and "The Closer"
  • ironman682ironman682 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • ironman682ironman682 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you BigTex, I do remember u very well, you introduce me to Techexams.net by then we were both studying for our CCNA.

    BigTex71 wrote: »
    ironman, you might call and speak to someone with a certain recruiting firm in North Richland Hills. I used them to get a contract which led to my current permanent position (in the same building as that recruiting firm no less.) PM me to get the info, as the board censors the name. I was impressed with how they work compared to most recruiting firms I have used/seen/heard about. They work with Verizon, Alcon, and many other big companies in the area to provide contract work which usually leads to permanent positions. Almost all the big companies around here in Ft Worth/Dallas use a contractor first as a buffer to ensure you would make a good permanent employee.

    You should NEVER have to pay to get an interview. The OP has scam written all over it. I would report them to the BBB.

    Also, I noticed that you attended TechSkills... so did I- the Ft Worth campus from March - November 2008. I might know you. :)
  • djh38usdjh38us Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    :) hello this is Dan
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    djh38us wrote: »
    :) hello this is Dan


    Hi Dan....
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas CISSP, GIAC x5, CompTIA x5 Greenville, SC USAMember Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    djh38us wrote: »
    :) hello this is Dan

    Dan, is that you? icon_wink.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.