Need Help in attempting Simulations 70-431

Probe09Probe09 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everybody,

I am planning to take 70-431 exam in two weeks first time.I have a question about rules allowed in attempting simulations in exam.Is there any fixed number of clicks allowed before you locked the final answer in simulations? I mean when you are trying to expand the nodes of server objects,management etc.to really find the right selection.Does these search clicks counts towards the final answer or it just chew up your time.
Is it your final answer is locked when you close the window?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• drewkegdrewkeg Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you can click as many times as you want w/o it affecting your score. Once you close out, you can go back and reset it and start over. In the sims, if it is not the path for the answer, when you click, you will get a pop up telling you that its no part of sim. Time would be your only restriction. If I recall correctly, its like 90 min for MC section, and 120 min for SIM section.

Good Luck!

Have Triplets, Need Beer
  • Probe09Probe09 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks a lot. I have also placed an order for the following book,suggested by Robert.
    TRy to find a copy of http://www.amazon.com/Server-2005-Street-Smarts-Certification/dp/0470083492/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1258307469&sr=8-1
    Passed today! 1000 on the MC section and 900 on the simulations.

There was 35 MC and 12 simulation questions. I was quite nervous since this was my first Microsoft exam and virtually had no hands on experience except managing the database on server 2003 as a system admin.But some of the members comments on this forum really encouraged me to take this challenge. It took me almost 4 months of rigorous study of MS official guide, online sites help(SQLservercentral.com) and SQL Server 2005 DBA Street Smarts(for simulations) to prepare .I also took one course in advance database design earlier in local college which gave me an idea of relational databases and introduction to SQL.

I would suggest to newcomers to study some basic relational database concepts first to speed up on understanding terms and to do end of lesson tasks in MS study guide.

Still figuring out what to start next 70-443 or 70-444.

Any suggestions which will be better after 431 ?

Thanks
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The 443 was one of the most challenging exams I have ever taken. I do not mean the hardest. But it drew on the broadest amount of topics of any exam I have ever taken: Server+, Security+, MCSE exams as well as specific SQL Server knowledge. I have yet to take the 444. Coming up on the 19th, but I have the impression the 444 is not going to be as challenging. Good luck!
    Thanks Robert,

What study material you used for 443 and are using for 444 other than MC guide book ? Your suggestion for using Street Smart for simulations was a gold mine.

I have already bought MC guide for 443 but still researching for other resources.

icon_thumright.gif Good luck for 70-444 this saturday!!