Options

Help with Hyper-V and Server 08

stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

So I have been studying for my 647 with trainsignal and other stuff got me looking into Hyper- V , WDS and so on.

Well this is what I have my home server is 64bit Server Ent 08
I have the following roles setup:

ADDS
DNS
DHCP
NPAS-for Nat
Hyper-V

Everything works until Hyper-V is installed, I currently have two networks connections a (1) Wireless Adapter that connects me to the internet this is working fine> then I have regular (2)LAN 1NIC for out> NAT/DHCP push out this adapter, which static configured.

Once Hyper-V is installed I have LAN 1 which is the port describe above which has only Microsoft Virtual Switch Port checked.

A new Adapter that is Name (3) LAN Con.3 which has CMN,FPS,IPv4 and both Link layer checked. It also has the Static Address that LAN1 use to have

After the new adapter is created DHCP quits. I do not see an error in the log for DHCP like others have. Under IPv4 Properties >Advanced. Bindings I do see the static address there with a check.

I am not real sure where to go now just want to see if anyone has done anything similar ad could lend a hand , Again this is my home domain just seeing if I can get this to work or not

Thanks to All in Advance.
Free Reading : History Books