Options

Passed CCSE

JstnJstn Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just passed CCSE. It was quite a bit harder than I thought it was going to be, but I did it! :)

I cannot stress enough read the following PDFs because they are free!

http://www.checkpoint.com/support/technical/documents/docs_r65.html

Check Point R65 ClusterXL Admin Guide
Check Point R65 VPN Admin Guide
Check Point R65 Upgrade Guide

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Jstn wrote: »
    Just passed CCSE. It was quite a bit harder than I thought it was going to be, but I did it! :)

Check Point Software: Product Documentation

Coolness.
  • Options
    mungdxmungdx Banned Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Jstn wrote: »

Check Point Software: Product Documentation

Congratulations!
    I'm planning take CCSE R65 at weekend, I need your skill take.Could you tell me about your test, please. And send for me CCSE's ****?
    My mail: MODERATED

Thanks you very much!
  • Options
    mungdx wrote: »
    Congratulations!
    I'm planning take CCSE R65 at weekend, I need your skill take.Could you tell me about your test, please. And send for me CCSE's ****?

Thanks you very much!

hehehe..another dumper. No wonder the wages in support are in freefall :)
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    And send for me CCSE's ****?

Thanks you very much!

I read that email as dumb mug... about right...
    heck why not just google the cert and print one out yourself... save a few more bucks and learn just as much.....
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    heck why not just google the cert and print one out yourself... save a few more bucks and learn just as much.....

Just more uberqualified offshore outsourced folks to choose from I guess. A former telco I worked for were very impressed with just how qualified they were. Now we know why.
  • Options
    JstnJstn Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

Thanks!
    I'm planning take CCSE R65 at weekend, I need your skill take.

Sure thing :)
    Could you tell me about your test, please.

No problem. My test consisted of questions in which I was given 4 possible answers, all I had to do was choose the correct one!

And send for me CCSE's ****?

And send for you, eh? Well, who are you trying to send them to on your behalf?
    Thanks you very much!

No problem!
  • Options
    kmj1268kmj1268 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Jstn...
    Congratulations.
    I just updated my Check Point Certs.
    Passed my CCSA NGX R65 on Dec 29, 2009
    and then crammed for about 4 days and passed the CCSE NGX R65 on Jan 3, 2010.
    I have been working with Check Point products for a while. I did find that the CCSE exam only had about 80% of the questions from the courseware. The PDFs on Check Point's site was a must read. Of course there were questions that came out of left field.

Again, wanted to Congratulate you. Feels good getting those Check Point certs out of the way. The CCSA was pretty easy but the CCSE for R65, I found to be kinda tough.

Take care..
    JMK, CISSP, CCSA, CCSE

working on C|EH and CCNA, then will be going after teh CCSP cert pretty hard.
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090

Thats what I tell people who plan to **** the exam. Why not just lie and say you have it? Save the $200
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    GT-Rob wrote: »
    Thats what I tell people who plan to **** the exam. Why not just lie and say you have it? Save the $200
    If these people have no morals or ethics, why fake credentials for a job where they may be expected to perform tasks -- they should go straight for printing fake MBAs from the top schools and lie about fake jobs on their resumes as CIO/CTO/COO of various Fortune 500 companies. icon_rolleyes.gif

To the posters who actually studied and used their knowledge and experience to EARN the certifications -- Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    kmj1268kmj1268 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Mike...
    I am with you on that point. A lot of imposters out there, who either lie or want to **** the exam by requesting test **** and passing a 'quick multiple' choice exam just to get a piece of paper. I have conducted interviews in the past, and when someone comes before me with a cert that I share, it's real easy to distinguish those who are paper cert seekers from those who have hard-core experience and want to supplement their experience with the cert. Also, anyone falsifying a cert can be found out real easy in a job interview. I interviewed on guy one time who had a Check Point certification, but didnt specify the version. After probing, I then found out it was from like FW1 and out dated. In today's industry it is important to keep your certs up to date. Anyways... just my 0.02 for whatever it's worth.. icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    BobMeadBobMead Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    kmj1268 wrote: »
    Hey Mike...
    I am with you on that point. A lot of imposters out there, who either lie or want to **** the exam by requesting test **** and passing a 'quick multiple' choice exam just to get a piece of paper. I have conducted interviews in the past, and when someone comes before me with a cert that I share, it's real easy to distinguish those who are paper cert seekers from those who have hard-core experience and want to supplement their experience with the cert. Also, anyone falsifying a cert can be found out real easy in a job interview. I interviewed on guy one time who had a Check Point certification, but didnt specify the version. After probing, I then found out it was from like FW1 and out dated. In today's industry it is important to keep your certs up to date. Anyways... just my 0.02 for whatever it's worth.. icon_smile.gif

Makes me angry that people **** and steal.
    Press RETURN to get started

:roll:
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    kmj1268 wrote: »
    I interviewed on guy one time who had a Check Point certification, but didnt specify the version. After probing, I then found out it was from like FW1 and out dated. In today's industry it is important to keep your certs up to date.

Outdated certs dont worry me too much, at least they went to the trouble of gaining them originally. (Assuming legit) That shows to me they have an interest\ability to learn and pass exam if needed. As long as they keep there skill sets upto date then I'm happy.

If they were trying to pass it off as a current certification then sure shoot em down in flames lol
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)