Options

Cisco and MS exams paid for life!

TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
Received a call tonight at home from Examforce. I purchased one of their exams yesterday. They are offering as many Cisco and Microsoft exams as you can eat for life for about 1400 dollars.

I reckon I would have to take at least 14 more Cisco exams in my lifetime for that to be worthwhile and most of them inside the next two years. Quite frankly I would rather commit hari-kiri than do that.

But that's besides the point because if some of you certaholics think it's a good deal drop examforce a line. Incidently you have to register to download and give a phone number so use one of someone you hate if you dont want the sales force calling your home. Nice lady called but obviously drilled to not take no for an answer.

Me - 'I have no time to take all these certs'

Agent - 'But thats why this deal is so neat, it's for life'

Me - I wont be taking anymore exams

Agent 'But you bought SNAF and you need to take somemore to get CCSP right?'

Me - I wont be taking CCSP. I only got this test to get a handle on ASA.

Agent 'Oh right'

Agent - 'Well this deal will save you money on any tests you do take in the future. Theres no button for any promotions you can use when you buy individual tests. Its worth considering this deal'

Me - 'Im quite happy to pay through the nose for any test I buy'

Agent - 'But why when I can save you some money?'

Me - 'Because I very rarely buy these tests and have no intention of taking the exam'

Agent - 'But you need to update your qualifications all the time dont you'

Me - 'Nope. My CCNP expired 6 years ago and it hasn't held me back'

Agent - Oh ok I understand, well have a nice day!

*Click*

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Turgon wrote: »
    Received a call tonight at home from Examforce. I purchased one of their exams yesterday. They are offering as many Cisco and Microsoft exams as you can eat for life for about 1400 dollars.

I reckon I would have to take at least 14 more Cisco exams in my lifetime for that to be worthwhile and most of them inside the next two years. Quite frankly I would rather commit hari-kiri than do that.

But that's besides the point because if some of you certaholics think it's a good deal drop examforce a line. Incidently you have to register to download and give a phone number so use one of someone you hate if you dont want the sales force calling your home. Nice lady called but obviously drilled to not take no for an answer.

Me - 'I have no time to take all these certs'

Agent - 'But thats why this deal is so neat, it's for life'

Me - I wont be taking anymore exams

Agent 'But you bought SNAF and you need to take somemore to get CCSP right?'

Me - I wont be taking CCSP. I only got this test to get a handle on ASA.

Agent 'Oh right'

Agent - 'Well this deal will save you money on any tests you do take in the future. Theres no button for any promotions you can use when you buy individual tests. Its worth considering this deal'

Me - 'Im quite happy to pay through the nose for any test I buy'

Agent - 'But why when I can save you some money?'

Me - 'Because I very rarely buy these tests and have no intention of taking the exam'

Agent - 'But you need to update your qualifications all the time dont you'

Me - 'Nope. My CCNP expired 6 years ago and it hasn't held me back'

Agent - Oh ok I understand, well have a nice day!

*Click*
    Awesome banter!
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□

*Click*

Since your mentioning that can i second you icon_wink.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    keenon wrote: »
    Since your mentioning that can i second you icon_wink.gif

No sh1t. I mean if you had 14 Cisco exams on your radar anytime soon wouldn't it be a toss up between medication or hara-kiri?
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No sh1t. I mean if you had 14 Cisco exams on your radar anytime soon wouldn't it be a toss up between medication or hara-kiri?

I think i would go for the meds icon_smile.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    This actually doesn't sound too far off from a decent deal, depending where you are in your career. ESPECIALLY if this covers the CCIE written. I mean, I will have $700 in the written alone, plus my CCNP was $600, and CCNA was $450 (with a 1 fail)

If you were planning to do your CCNA, CCNP and CCVP, that alone would make it worth it. Then lets imagine you actually passed the CCIE lab ;) Thats $350 every two years for however long you plan to keep the numbers (for 20 years, that $3500, and thats not taking account for Cisco's price increases).

That said, thats a lot of money up front, and you don't know what your situation will be by the time you get farther (IE an employer covering exam costs).
  • Options
    GT-Rob wrote: »
    This actually doesn't sound too far off from a decent deal, depending where you are in your career. ESPECIALLY if this covers the CCIE written. I mean, I will have $700 in the written alone, plus my CCNP was $600, and CCNA was $450 (with a 1 fail)

If you were planning to do your CCNA, CCNP and CCVP, that alone would make it worth it. Then lets imagine you actually passed the CCIE lab ;) Thats $350 every two years for however long you plan to keep the numbers (for 20 years, that $3500, and thats not taking account for Cisco's price increases).

That said, thats a lot of money up front, and you don't know what your situation will be by the time you get farther (IE an employer covering exam costs).

hehehe..yeah lets imagine you actually passed the CCIE lab. I don't think anyone has yet ;)
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    I once heard a story of someone who passed, but it turned out to be a hoax.

The new CCIE lab has a minimum passing score of 101%
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    My company bought the Exam Force deal for me. So far so good.
  • Options
    qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Maybe im missing something but are they actually selling the exams for that price or is it just for there study materials?
  • Options
    filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Is that for every exam voucher ever? For the rest of your life? So if you fail an exam you can just keep getting exam vouchers from them?

The Sun Solaris certifications are $300 each voucher, Comptia are pretty high up there.

this is a great deal for sure, especially if you are starting from scratch.

If you wanted to earn your A+, Net+, CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, MCSE, and some linux cets, I could see this being a very good deal!
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller
  • Options
    rsutton wrote: »
    My company bought the Exam Force deal for me. So far so good.

Anyone have a link?

Are these unlimited lifetime vouchers?

Do they cover all Microsoft, Comptia, Cisco, and Solaris certs?
    CISSP, CCNA SP
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    qwertyiop wrote: »
    Maybe im missing something but are they actually selling the exams for that price or is it just for there study materials?
    They are probably just talking about their practice tests.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Better deal than a local place in town, they had some kind of deal, as many of their courses you could take for $5000. Crazies. And they don't include vouchers.
  • Options
    So this company will give you vouchers for every vendor for the rest of your life for $1400? From now until I die I will never have to pay for an exam voucher again?
    CISSP, CCNA SP
  • Options
    So there is literally no fear in failing? Unlimited life time vouchers for ever CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco, etc. exams?
    CISSP, CCNA SP
  • Options
    Voucher Prices through Person Vue

CompTIA A+ = $168.00
    CDIA+ = $258.00
    Convergence+ = $239.00
    CTT+ = $239.00
    Linux+ = $239.00
    Network+ = $239.00
    Project+ = $239.00
    Security+ = $258.00
    Server+ = $239.00

Cisco

646-xxx USD 80.00
    640-816/822 USD 125.00
    640/642-XXX
    (excluding 640-802, 640-460/553/721 and 642-892) USD 150.00
    640-802, 640-460/553/721 USD 250.00
    642-892 USD 300.00
    350/352-xxx USD 350.00
    CISSP, CCNA SP
  • Options
    I would be careful here, if it is legit I bet there are some restrictions
    Go EVERTON

evertonfc-crest.gif
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□

I'm not sure what the problem is, but it seems pretty clear that the offer is for Examforce's Test Prep practice exams, NOT actual exam vouchers. They don't even sell exam vouchers on their website, why would they be offering unlimited exams for life. It's just another offer for training material, not actual proctored exam vouchers. A lot of people replying to this thread are making assumptions where a little bit of reading into the OP's post and vendor's website would lead you to the right assumption.
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When they call me last year was only for their exams no vouchers.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    I'm not sure what the problem is, but it seems pretty clear that the offer is for Examforce's Test Prep practice exams, NOT actual exam vouchers. They don't even sell exam vouchers on their website, why would they be offering unlimited exams for life. It's just another offer for training material, not actual proctored exam vouchers. A lot of people replying to this thread are making assumptions where a little bit of reading into the OP's post and vendor's website would lead you to the right assumption.

Yeah. The deal is for examforce practice exams NOT the actual tests. On the practice tests themselves I tried the SNAF one. As a practice it's ok I suppose, helped me get a feel for the functionality of the device and some of the terminology. I don't know how closely the practice test matches the actual test but there are no sims, so if they come up and you have no hands on experience with PIX/ASA you are certainly hosed and actually, if you pass the test and get to work with PIX/ASA and have no experience you are hosed. It's been 6 years since I configured a PIX so I reckon I better buy one off ebay sometime!
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I've used them for the CCNA and 83-640 so far. What I received were practice exams which were mostly Q&A format + a few sims. For the CCNA they sent me the Official Exam Certification Library by Odom which also included quite a few practice tests by Boson. For the 640 they sent me the MS self-paced training kit + Q&A tests. They practice tests also come on a CD which you can listen to in your car or where ever.
  • Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    Free exams for life or just as long as the company exists?
  • Options
    Stotic wrote: »
    Free exams for life or just as long as the company exists?

Interesting question. Sometimes companies do harvest bigtime before they tank. No exams to download then and they have your money! Casting no allegations towards the vendor in this regard but I know of one UK low cost airline who kept selling tickets only to wind up the company abruptly due to losses. They will have known internally they were likely going down at some point but kept the tills ringing to the end. People got stranded. Others got stuck with tickets they couldn't use. Bad.

As with any longterm large shell out, check the small print on recompence should services no longer be available!