Options

Passed 70-647 Today - Now MCITP:EA

Score was 790.

Very straightforward exam - much more so than 70-649.

I reckoned before I finished the exam that there were about 30 questions where I was confident that I had the right answers plus 2 or 3 where I was reasonably sure - so the score was pretty much in line with that.

Next up: MCITP:EMA. I have 70-237 and -238 to go. I've been through the MS Press book for 237: perhaps one of the dullest books in the English language - but the practice exams I've seen seem easy enough.
-- Dan

Comments

• Options
    stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    First off good job on the exam.

I am currently beginning studies for the exam using:
    Trainsignal 647
    CBT 647
    I also have press book but hate them they are good to look up the answer when you have a problem.

What did you use?
    Are there any sims on the 647 ?

Thanks in Advance
    Free Reading : History Books
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass!
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    dfosbennerdfosbenner Member Posts: 106
    Congrats Dan! I passed min a week ago, it's a great feeling.
    MCTS
    MCITP: SA & EA
    MCSE: NT, 2000, 2003
    MCSA: 2000, 2003
  • Options
    danclarkedanclarke Member Posts: 160
    Thanks everyone.

I used the MS Press book (one of the better ones: it included Orin Thomas and Ian McLean amongst the authors, which in my view is always a good sign).

I used the Measure-Up practice exams which came with the book - plus SelfTest Software.

I certainly felt well prepared for this exam: the material above provided good coverage of the areas covered by the exam.
    -- Dan
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Congrats!
    danclarke wrote: »
    Next up: MCITP:EMA. I have 70-237 and -238 to go. I've been through the MS Press book for 237: perhaps one of the dullest books in the English language - but the practice exams I've seen seem easy enough.

237 was by far the easiest exam in the EMA track - you'll be fine.
  • Options
    danclarkedanclarke Member Posts: 160
    Claymoore wrote: »
    Congrats!

237 was by far the easiest exam in the EMA track - you'll be fine.

Thanks.

At the moment 237 is holding no terrors for me. Some of the questions in the practice tests for 237 which I've seen are of the form:

"You have an Exchange 2007 organisation containing one Exchange Server configured with the Mailbox Role and one with the Hub Transport Role. You add another Exchange Server to the organisation. Which role should you add to provide client access:

a) Swiss Roll
    b) Rick Roll
    c) Sausage Roll
    d) Client Access Role"

Hmm. Must be a trick question. I'm sure they can't be that obvious in the exam.
    -- Dan
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Swiss roll or sausage roll. Oh hang on a sec, this is a technical forum isn't it and not a food forum? whoops :)

Nom Nom Nom!

Congrats on the pass!
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln