Options

Created OS restore image on CD.

Meman5150Meman5150 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how to create an image on a CD so that every time I boot to the CD it will reformat the hard drive with the image on it. We used to have a CD that would do that with Norton's ghost however, I can't get it to do it anymore. I've been trying to create a new one since the hardware has changed since then.The operating system that will be imaged is windows XP. Also, I know I can use things like Acronis and Ghost to create a restore image but the big thing here is that I would like to restore it from just one CD.

Comments

• Options
    stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can help you some what on this pm me with your email address I will try to reply in 24hrs. I will need to find my documentation.
    Free Reading : History Books
  • Options
    Meman5150Meman5150 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    PM sent. Anyone else have any other ideas?
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    This lists Ghost:

How to Create a Restore / Recovery Disc and Partition

However, you stated this didn't work, and you didn't like the Acronis option. When did Ghost stop working for you? Was there a SP update that stopped it from working for you?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    disidisi Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is common Windows knowledge?

unattend.txt and Boot Disk with network setup?

here is a nearly complete guide: Svrops.com - Windows XP Unattended Install

//edit: sorry, but I am a little pissed today. Anyway the uattend.txt is what you are looking for, it is the common install script for Windows. You can either install from a folder on the CD or any network location etc.