Options

Security+ Day One

worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, Today I have started reading on Security+ by using the Sybex Deluxe book on PDF. Darril Gibson's book (Amazon.com: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-201 Study Guide (9781439236369): Darril Gibson: Books) got so many good reviews on here, and on Amazon, that I ordered it. When it arrives I will begin reading it and then start back on the Sybex. I am really shooting for December to take the exam, but we'll see.

Anyone on here have any favorite books, URLs, or material that they would recommend?

Many Thanks
Certs in Progress:

CCNP:Routing 300-101 15%
OIIIIIIIO

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    worldmac1 wrote: »
    Well, Today I have started reading on Security+ by using the Sybex Deluxe book on PDF. Darril Gibson's book (Amazon.com: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-201 Study Guide (9781439236369): Darril Gibson: Books) got so many good reviews on here, and on Amazon, that I ordered it. When it arrives I will begin reading it and then start back on the Sybex. I am really shooting for December to take the exam, but we'll see.

Anyone on here have any favorite books, URLs, or material that they would recommend?

Many Thanks

Good luck. I will pick this book up in about a week and a half. I plan to take the test in January. Are you going to use transcender or anything else?
  • Options
    abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    Get the Exam Cram book too, it comes with a CD-ROM which has over 200 Measure-up practice questions, which are considered great practice questions.
  • Options
    worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's great info Abefroman! I'll definitely do that! I have used ExamCram books for certs in the past, with Server+ being the latest this past Monday. I didn't realize it had over 200 Q's though. I'll let you know how Darril's book reads and the 300 Q's impact my studying.
    Certs in Progress:

CCNP:Routing 300-101 15%
    OIIIIIIIO