Options

83-640 crashed again

Tried 083-640 again today at the same test center a month later and it crashed like last time. The VM's just never load.

Suposedly the test center worked on the problem after the last time, but noone's taken the exam since then.

Prometric tech support was telling the admin to uninstall IE8, but IE7 was on the test machines.

I'm very fustrated with Prometric, the test center, and this test. Other test centers in my area don't seem to carry this test. I couldn't select them on Prometric site for this exam. I'm going to call around to see why not.

Comments

• Options
    Divine-AssaultDivine-Assault Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    it2b wrote: »
    Tried 083-640 again today at the same test center a month later and it crashed like last time. The VM's just never load.

Suposedly the test center worked on the problem after the last time, but noone's taken the exam since then.

Prometric tech support was telling the admin to uninstall IE8, but IE7 was on the test machines.

I'm very fustrated with Prometric, the test center, and this test. Other test centers in my area don't seem to carry this test. I couldn't select them on Prometric site for this exam. I'm going to call around to see why not.

Don't worry man your not the only one suffering. I had a problem like that with my latest exam and some of the people at my prometric center are just douches. I even had to wait 40 minutes just for them to figure out how to register me. The testing computers are crap, it takes me literally 1 minute for the next screen to load. The people who work there have attitudes. However the testing center is nice.... but I would rather sacrifice that then having crappy computers to test on.
    Currently Studying for: 70-291

Life is too precious to waste...

Check out my Blog! :D
    www.oreillybookreviews.blogspot.com
  • Options
    BADfish10BADfish10 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yep had the same thing fella!
    My test was due to start at 1:30pm so got started had the labs first "dont think saying that is against the policy"
    thank god that was the case so it did not start i mean at all nothing.
    Talked to some Nice but ultimatly no IT focused exam conductor.
    he rebooted the computer "well tryed" After login off and back on the problem was still there + the time had been running. ok so explaining to him that login off is not the same as shut down we gave that a go on the way back up i could see a ton of errors icon_thumright.gif
    but the error we got on logon was gone so thought what the hell should be cool, he restarted the exam and shucks still not working Time ticking 30min gone.
    So a call to MS testing some fideling and still nothing, they then bin the exam and register a new one as you cant transfer exams between seats WTF! never mind so we now stand at 2:45 exam 2 computer 2 Cup of tea 1 yes they gave me a cup of tea and some chocy bickys icon_cheers.gif
    so exam is loaded and up they come the labs first and as if by magic it all works wOOt 1:15 to get a MAX 45 min exam running.

I am lucky as my work need the Microsoft points for there gold partner status and so could not say anything :)

Being fairly seasoned at MS exams i was not phased by this whole thing but can't help but feel that if you are not so happy with these exams this mess would throw you off big time.

ESP as this is logicaly the first Exam that allot will take!

I wish you all the best of luck on this one it has a defo feel of a beta

J