Options

MCITP:EST to MCITP:EDA7

LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm currently MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician for Windows Vista which was upgraded from the MCDST on XP.

Is there a direct upgrade to MCITP for Windows 7 or do you just do the 70-680 and 70-686 (when it's released) to obtain
MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7?

Comments

• Options
    jrobb259jrobb259 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    LukeQuake wrote: »
    Is there a direct upgrade to MCITP for Windows 7 or do you just do the 70-680 and 70-686 (when it's released) to obtain
    MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7?

There is no upgrade for this as it is a new exam track designed for changes within the IT industry. BTW, the 686 is released in its final form already.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    You CAN upgrade to MCITP:EDST 7

you can NOT upgrade to MCITP: EDA 7
  • Options
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    You CAN upgrade to MCITP:EDST 7

you can NOT upgrade to MCITP: EDA 7

Nice of Microsoft to make it nice and easy! I guess that EDST is targetted at general support techs (who see users) and EDA is targetted at admins supporting Windows 7 desktops?

Which exams are needed to upgrade to EDST?!
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    70-682 and the HDI exam are needed for the upgrade.
  • Options
    Thanks for that icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    LukeQuake wrote: »
    Nice of Microsoft to make it nice and easy! I guess that EDST is targetted at general support techs (who see users) and EDA is targetted at admins supporting Windows 7 desktops?

Which exams are needed to upgrade to EDST?!

The EDA 7 is not so much support as it is administration, servicing, and deploying Windows 7 and applications on Windows 7. It's heavy on WAIK, GPOs, and some knowledge of System Center OM/CM is expected. So really the support role is very different.