Options

7 month contract, what you do it?

murdatapesmurdatapes Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
Got a call from a recruiter for a 7 month contract job for a Sys Admin. position. I work over night and feel like anything over a short contract is risky, cause what about after the contract? I can try and swing both jobs for a short contract but 7 months not sure.

I want to take it though :)

Here's the position:

Windows Administrator
--Experience of Windows Administration
--Patching
--Support of Windows Servers 2003, 2008,

Plusses:
--VMWare
--ESX

Would you take job?
Next up
CIW Web Foundations Associatef(Knock out some certs before WGU)
ITIL Intermediate Service Operations

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    murdatapes wrote: »
    Got a call from a recruiter for a 7 month contract job for a Sys Admin. position. I work over night and feel like anything over a short contract is risky, cause what about after the contract? I can try and swing both jobs for a short contract but 7 months not sure.

I want to take it though :)

Here's the position:

Windows Administrator
    --Experience of Windows Administration
    --Patching
    --Support of Windows Servers 2003, 2008,

Plusses:
    --VMWare
    --ESX

Would you take job?

Depends, what are you doing currently? I had a short contract that I took, and I am still here. I figure I will probably be here through at least next year. It looks like a great learning experience!
  • Options
    Depends, what are you doing currently? I had a short contract that I took, and I am still here. I figure I will probably be here through at least next year. It looks like a great learning experience!

Yeah libertas, that's what I said. I currently work on server hardware in a data center (troubleshooting anything server hardware related, with little OS stuff). So yes, this would be a great excellent opportunity, but I am worried about the aftermath of when the contract is up.
    Next up
  • Options
    Yeah libertas, that's what I said. I currently work on server hardware in a data center (troubleshooting anything server hardware related, with little OS stuff). So yes, this would be a great excellent opportunity, but I am worried about the aftermath of when the contract is up.

I am use to taking jobs as they come so it wouldn't bother me so much I guess. I am married now so I can't do that anymore. If you have a family that I wouldn't recommend it. If I were you I would probably take it though. I hate working nights so that would make me even more anxious to do it.
  • Options
    I am use to taking jobs as they come so it wouldn't bother me so much I guess. I am married now so I can't do that anymore. If you have a family that I wouldn't recommend it. If I were you I would probably take it though. I hate working nights so that would make me even more anxious to do it.

:) Yeah I hear you. Been on nights for 5 years. Good advice man. Yeah no family, just me for right now.
    Next up
  • Options
    :) Yeah I hear you. Been on nights for 5 years. Good advice man. Yeah no family, just me for right now.

Well I wish you the best of luck, keep us updated! :)