Options

Issue with laptop + Windows 7

nezzy456nezzy456 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

About a month ago I put Windows 7 on my Acer TravelMate 4230 (The one with the Mobile intel 945 Express Chipset)

Recently the blue screen of death has been appearing and annoying the hell out of me. It seems to strike when I am performing certain functions with the hard disk, deleting certain files or trying to change file permissions.

To my knowledge I have the most up to date drivers.

Any ideas? (This is prob a stupid question but might I need updated drivers for my hard disk?)

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well first problem I see you bought an Acer, I personally have never liked them since my school had them in the 90's and all they did was crash reload... , there was a report out people have been seeing a crash since the new round of updates, I have W7P with all updates have not had a problem, but you possibly could be a victim of it. If this is a factory model with a bunch of extras I would recommend a clean install with a W7 disk, You can also try a repair or restore before the last updates which was over thanksgiving looking at my log. Best thing I can tell you if your able to boot and log in back up all of your important files.
    Free Reading : History Books
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, most of the people getting that problem is because the microsoft update last month.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    nezzy456nezzy456 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cheers guys,

Fortunately I have my data backed up. (Ohh the bad experiecnes I have had in the past lol...)

I may try to remove the update. But actually if my memory serves correctly I think this problem actually surfaced before I installed the update. It just happened 20 mins ago (tried to change the admin rights of a folder) and the blue screen of death quotes "Bad pool header"

After goggling this it seems it may be a driver issue, but as I have the most up to date drivers and it was a fresh W7 install I am unsure what to do..
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Have you tried safe mode? Maybe uninstalling any extra features / software.
    Did anything else change besides the new OS? Did it occur with your previous OS?
  • Options
    MoInSTLMoInSTL Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you have the 945 chipset drivers?
    Just started 70-290.
  • Options
    danrcfdanrcf Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    post BDSO CODE
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I havnt really seen this behavior out of 7, even the early betas. Its been very stable for me.

Infact I just put together a new homebrew box and its running fantastic.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's probably a hardware problem...
  • Options
    mrkeetymrkeety Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Blow a fan under it and see if it still does that. Probably too hot. You didn't overclock it right.