I need some ideas icon_cool.gif
Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    I need some ideas icon_cool.gif

Hopefully prep for CCNA:S and spending time with family.
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    I'll be at work all day?
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Not sure - most likely relaxing. icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    A fire in the fireplace. Wine in the glass, soothing music on the stereo
    Study some Juniper (seems right with the smell of a Xmas tree) while trying to understand member Aldurs topology.
    Put tin foil over my head in case the mothership shows up.
    Put a pot on top of that for protection from the idiots who persist in shooting their gunpower fueled arrows into the air and where they fall they do not care
    See if the significant other wishes to start off the new year with a bang.
    You know just the normal stuff.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    Probably making sure the network at work is safe from the h4x0rz.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,566 Mod
    Guys, I need some ideas that don't include studying/working lol

• Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    well, I have to work my birthday this year (dec 29th), so the traditional new years gathering of my friends will also be to celebrate that. we rent a room at a local billiards club, get a private bartender, bring lots of food and just hang
  • Options

Wait, there are other things to do!? There is a world outside the data center!?icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    Wait, there are other things to do!? There is a world outside the data center!?icon_eek.gif

There won't be for you after I get done talking to these Russians about what I want to rent their botnet for...
  • Options

looool...I'm not sure anymore...I thought of using this thread to find out ! #fail !!

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□

Go ask people on MySpace; maybe you can learn how to make meth in a trailer.

I'll probably be studying as well.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »

Lmao...Good luck for you guys !! I'm looking for something different, maybe a concert or something. We'll see.

• Options
    There won't be for you after I get done talking to these Russians about what I want to rent their botnet for...

Oh SNAP. I think I just got PWND. Please don't do that. I would really like to see my family at some point during the holidays. Oh who am I kidding. I'm really just an IT robot.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »

The cool kids are cooking meth. Try it out and tell me how it went for you.
  • Options
    Oh SNAP. I think I just got PWND. Please don't do that. I would really like to see my family at some point during the holidays. Oh who am I kidding. I'm really just an IT robot.

Well, that was me last year ;) Right around 5am our network (along with others, like ISPRIME) started receiving a huge DDoS attack. Having to pull your bosses away from their kids on christmas morning is not a pleasant experience. At least I got to share the 'love' with some of the nice folks at Prolexic.
  • Options
    Well, that was me last year ;) Right around 5am our network (along with others, like ISPRIME) started receiving a huge DDoS attack. Having to pull your bosses away from their kids on christmas morning is not a pleasant experience. At least I got to share the 'love' with some of the nice folks at Prolexic.

Sorry! I was bored and feeling 1337 that day. Maybe I can get you a nice Xmas present this year to make up for my shenanigans last year.
  • Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    I will eat, get drunk and get laid on that New Years eve....

beacause after the eve, I need to finish my CCNA... argggggghhhhh.. the world is so cruel.... hehehehehehhe
  • Options
    Sorry! I was bored and feeling 1337 that day. Maybe I can get you a nice Xmas present this year to make up for my shenanigans last year.

It's cool man. Like I said, I'm talking to these Russians about returning the favor....
  • Options
    It's cool man. Like I said, I'm talking to these Russians about returning the favor....

Can't we just work it out? Maybe I can get you a nice shirt and tie gift set. How about a Snuggie!? Everyone loves those, even your dog! Jelly of the month club here you come.
  • Options
    Can't we just work it out? Maybe I can get you a nice shirt and tie gift set. How about a Snuggie!? Everyone loves those, even your dog! Jelly of the month club here you come.

Obligatory Dave Ramsey quote -

"Gold is the snuggie of investments. You buy it on late night cable television, and look stupid if you do it"
  • Options
    is it advisable to show this thread to my girlfriend and ask her to pick up one of these suggestions you gave ?? :shocked:

• Options
    if you have a girlfriend, and dont know what to do with her come new years eve, then you probably don't want to show his thread and prove that ;)
  • Options
    hehe, I thought of using some creative ideas...but looks like I'm not the only uncreative IT dude :P j/k

no I actually have a plan, I just want to see what you guys are up to.

• Options
    CSCOnoobCSCOnoob Member Posts: 120
    No plans yet. Though, I am going back to CA for vacation. Woot! Woot! 3 weeks vacation here I come!
  • Options
    Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm getting married on New Year's eve :D
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'm getting married on New Year's eve :D

That is one way of making sure that you have a date; rather drastic way to not forget your anniversary.

Congratulations mate. :)
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Congrats Alif!

Ill be heading up north to the cottage for xmas/new years. The dates fall on a really good time that all I need to do is book 3 days off and I have almost 2 weeks holidays. Supposed to be a good 2 feet of snow up there already so it will be snowshoeing and building forts for me.

As for work, we are under a change freeze starting next week so theres a lot less chance I will break something! (which in itself is a holiday)
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Get **** faced probably bringing the New Year in on both Russian and UK time. Two celebrations :)
  • Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was hoping to go to sydney but looks like i'll be ringing it in in vegas.
  • Options
    liveupliveup Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    well my plans will be getting wasted in london since i'll be on holiday. and from the 5th again back to work/studying :)

as for you alif.....congrats on your wedding, nice idea to get married on the eve.